Posts by wuzup4jc

Seriously thank you for your quick responses on this and the work on this.

A) Thank you for adding in that config....looking forward to revision 7 :).
    B) On the matter of making force fields that only you can walk through....I DO agree that on PVP servers it pretty much becomes op. The server I run is about 10 close friends and while in the beginning we were all "HUNGER GAMES...TO THE DEATH!!" We have all kind of moved on to helping each other out and starting to work on big projects (like atlantis). In this case...force fields are more aesthetic / protection from mobs etc. (although they are kind of fun to set up invisible traps of DOOM ;)). Maybe another config option? pvpEnabled: true / false ....if its on you can walk through your own force fields? Idk....honestly after talking with my friends we were thinking that it isn't THAT big of a deal :).
    C) I've just got into modding myself but im a longtime developer (C++ / PHP / little big of Java) and if you ever want some help please let me know....id love to lend a hand.

Thanks!

As I mentioned in the update, I moved on to revision 6 and it solved all my problems :). If you could throw in that config option my friends and i (and the members of the Atlantis Expedition ;)) would be really grateful :). Also, I noticed the invisible zapper forcefield and its AWESOME....TRUE camo :). Personally I don't think its op as long as the zapper remains at its current power level. If it was one hit kill it would be OP but for now its just a nasty surprise :)

Oh, also I was trying to think of a way to get into my forcefield if i ever got stuck on the outside somehow....I think the best option is A) have a tunneling force field with a switch on the outside B) set up some wireless redstone. The problem with both is that they allow access to anyone that finds the switch on the outside. I would think that a way that you and only you can enter your force field would be "nifty" :).

Update!!! - I found that IC2 seems to be implementing their own force field generator that works much differently and with no upgrades (one block that gets bigger or smaller depending on the power you feed it.). However they did have a good idea for getting through your own force field with the frequency transmitter: check it out :) http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…php?title=Field_Generator

So I created my first camo force field today and noticed a major issue. Whatever block you use it uses non-texturepack images.....so if someone is using any kind of texture pack (my friends and i all use sphax) you can see that its a force field. Any way you could code it to project images based on the texture pack images and not the default vanilla images?

Edit: Also, my friends and I were thinking about making a realistic version of Atlantis on our server :). Any chance of being able to extend the 32 block dome to something larger? a config option maybe? a new upgrade?

Update: So I have come across another error. The MFFD directional extender does not work as intended. Changing the setting on it (width) does nothing. It will extend the force field one block (sometimes 2) but the width setting never effects this. Also, I am using the version included in 3.1 tekkit (version 5). If this has all been corrected since I apologize :).

Thanks!!

New Update!! - I decided to modify my tekkit server with version 6 ....updated my client and BAM...camo works with texture pack images. Hoorah!! Also, the MFFD directional extender now works as intended again. I tested camo + zapper...all good. Tested tunneling through the forcefield and it worked.

Thanks for the hard work on this!! Any chance of being able to make bigger sphere force fields!!?! Id love to get my atlantis up and running ;)