Posts by Proximity666

My personal favorite is geothermal by far. Lava is found everywhere, and for 16 tin you can get 64 cells, one cell is 20000 EU at 20 EU/t so that is a ton of power. I also use Equivalent Exchange so that does help me get more tin, but still, i have been using a macerator with 8 overclockers and an induction furnace with redstone signal for a long long time now and i havent even spent a full stack. i still have like 3 stacks stored up. It's basically free apart from the tin, cuz you could simply go into the nether and get a ton of lava. This playthrough is the first time i used geothermal energy and discovered how awesome it is, and i cant go back now :P

I'm going to share a few things i came up with and simple things that people might not understand yet because they are new to IC².

It costs 64 coal dust, 9 flint and one brick, obsidian or iron block to create an industrial diamond. The EU's required for macerating and compressing all the stuff is: 46250, which if powered by a generator takes 12 coal.

The cost from nothing to a working setup for a miner with regular drill and an OD scanner is: 69 Refined iron, 10 redstone dust, 33 cables, 45 wooden planks, 2 RE batteries, 1 glowstone dust, and a chest. Optional but recommened additions: a solar flower: 7 cables, 1 energy storage block, 9 coal dust, 9 glass, 21 refined iron, 3 RE batteries. this will power this setup with possibly a little bit of power left. i'm not sure if pumps work, so someone please tell me if they do and i will add that.

Feel free to correct me or request more of these.