Posts by icanhazripper

I further found out that when I said "high stats", it's really only for seedbags with high Gain. It would appear that high Gain seeds cannot grow without fertilizers and/or hydration. If someone can tell me if it's just fertilizers or just hydration, that'll be great. If someone can tell me if there's another stat (either Resistance or Growth) that can neutralize this effect of high Gain, that'll be great too.

ps. my field is on level 245 and in swamp biome.

Hi
    There are times when my crops disappear the moment I plant them. After days of intensive experimenting, this is what I found out. It seems that for seedbags with a certain high stats are not allowed to grow when hydration and nutrients = 0.

Here's how you can test. If you have some high stats seedbags, try adding fertilizers and hydration before you plant the seed. You will see that your seed stops disappearing anymore.

Now, when the plant is mature, there are 2 scenarios:

1) Right click to harvest the drop. You will see the plant disappear because the hydration and nutrients = 0

2) Add fertilizers and hydration before harvesting. You will see that the plant will not disappear because hydration and nutrients have been added.

I am not sure if this is a bug. If it's not, can someone:

1) point me to the part in the official guide that states this is standard feature, and

2) let me know what I can do to prevent this, short of using crop-matron and fertilizing crops before harvesting, as I have a REALLY BIG field of ferru.

I just found out that if a crop has Growth 25 (and presumably above), and Resistance is low (like less than 5), then weeds will start sprouting around the crop, and it will sprout even if it won't sprout under normal circumstances. For example, if the crop in question is beside another crop, and there are no other tilled earth or cropstick around, the other crop will turn to weed!!! If it is growing alone, it will turn all tilled earth around it (even those without cropsticks) to dirt with grass growing on it (the kind that drops wheat seeds). It's like the high growth crop is behaving like a weed itself, so be careful.

Hi good people. I cannot for the life of me successfully crossbreed redwheat. Here is what I have so far:

I built a small hut that is enclosed and lit up with redstone torch. I have 4 sets of 2x2 set up in this way http://i.imgur.com/AImfS.jpg

The hut is enclosed, 6 blocks high). I have tried for ever, and I never ever crossbred redwheat.

I have a few ideas though:

1) I read somewhere on this forum that redwheat *may* need a direct view to the sky. Can someone confirm this?

2) I also read that, by "direct view", it means at least 8 blocks are clear above the redwheat. Also need confirmation.

3) I have tried removing the roof and tried crossbreeding at night. Now the problem with this is, my farm is wayyyy high up in the sky, and even if I remove the roof, the height limit of 256 is still only 7 blocks above the tilled earth, which *may* explain why crossbreeding at night doesn't work either. I'm not sure if this makes sense though.

I can confirm with 100% accuracy that the X blocks have a light level of 7 (the white squares in the image that forms the cross are actually redstone torches)

Any ideas will be immensely appreciated. Hopefully I don't have to tear down everything and move the farm 2 levels down!