Posts by zitron

If it's either on or off, what EU/t is the wind gen supposed to produce when it's on? If you use a EU reader, you always get 0,1, or 2 EU/t, doesn't matter how long you average. It is certainly possible to get fractions of EU/t if you use a say a water gen, which produces 0.25 EU/t in 3x3 water if you measure it. So are you saying the water gen is only on every 4th tick? Does anyone actually know how these things work?

The reason why I think this is may be a problem is because the wind gen is supposed to produce 1.3EU/t on average, but if that is alway rounded down to 1EU/t, then you are missing a lot of power!! It may be even worse if say 0.9 EU/t is rounded down to 0!!!

Anyway, very few people seem to be using wind or water, since solar is IMHO too cheap in IC2, so if there's a bug in the wind gen then there's no point in using it at all!

It looks like the wind generator outputs either 0, 1 or 2 EU/t but never say 1.3 or 0.4. This seems strange, is it intentional? Because my wind generators now will sit there at 0 output for a large fraction of the time, even though there is still some wind (can be seen from the wind indicator in the UI). I don't remember this happening at all in IC1. Could it be that power output is rounded down? So when output should be say 0.4 EU/t, it is rounded down to 0?