Posts by GoldenShadowGS

I just set up Minecraft 1.3.2 with Industrial Craft 1.106 and started a new world.
    List of mods:
    Forge Mod Loader 3.0.196.366
    Minecraft Forge 4.1.1.251
    IndustrialCraft 2 1.106
    Nuclear Control 1.3.2 Addon

Setup my first machine and solar panels to power them. I noticed that when I break the wires with my pickaxe, the machines are still drawing power from the batbox. If I had a bare copper wire, which causes electricity damage when I get near it, then break that wire, there will still be electricity damage in that same spot. If I restart the game, this behavior is corrected.

WorkAround: Restart the game anytime you make a wiring change.

I built it in-game and it does work.

It is a 6 chamber reactor
    I have the reactor centered on a 3x3 open space, with the bottom reactor chamber is resting on the ground. I have a 3x3 area about 10 blocks or so above the floor with 9 water sources. I built some walls around to keep the water from spilling out or getting onto the redstone. With 1 uranium and 2 isotope adjacent, and water flowing around it, It has 1 net extra cooling. So I placed a dirt block in one of the bottom corners to completely equalize heating and cooling. The temperature monitor holds a steady number indefinitely. To Cold start it, I placed 2 extra isotope cores next to the uranium until the temperature reached just over 1,100. I then removed them and find tuned the temp down really close to 1,100 by removing and replacing that dirt block in the corner. Then I added 4 lava buckets to bring the temperature up by 8,000 . This put me right at 9,100. I have it staying right at 9,105 at the moment.
    It looks like I will be able to produce 4 recharged uranium cells for every one spent. It looks like they will be done enriching in about half a cycle. The planning program says It should be ticking at -4 per isotope, but in-game, they are both ticking at -2. Maybe I am misinterpreting the numbers on the planner.

I plan to build a 2nd Reactor room for the main power generator. This thing only makes a measley 10 eu/t, which is barely enough to run 3 machines. Its still better than burning coal.

I think I will automate the corner block with a piston, so I can fine tune the temperature with the flip of a switch.

Here is a short tour video of the reactor.