Posts by liamvlv518

Thermal Centrifuge consumes heat and has some energy of rotation. So, why not to consume kU and hU from external machines?

P.S. As I see, the only (except eU generator) kU consumer, Turning Table, was deleted. Maybe it worth adding more use to kinetic energy.

P.P.S. What about Lithium? Should we expect thermonuclear reactors or Li-ion batteries? :D

Another crazy idea before I dash off to work, this one about as HAYO as can be.

"A high-tier boat capable of cruising in lava (and potentially other hot liquids)."

So Minecraft finally fixed boats around 1.9-1.10, and they're ridiculously amazing, even in SMP - which still blows my mind, frankly. I've been faffing about with various things between a server with friends and an IC2/JEI-only pack for my own testing, and one of the things I looked at was boats. The rubber and carbon fiber boats are super-speedy (like any other boat now) - nearly indestructible, actually; I've been trying to break them without much success. They are not lava-proof, however, and will go up in smoke when you place them in it.

The electric boat, however... floats in it.

On the downside, it's slow. This is ameliorated somewhat by using EU on your person, but even then you're only /barely/ exceeding the speed of a normal boat - and also, if you're in lava like a crazy person, you're constantly on fire. Additionally, when you break it to retrieve it, lava will instantly destroy it, as lava tends to do to things.

If there was a way to 1) prevent heat damage/fire ticks/whatever, 2) actually retrieve it from lava somehow - maybe shift-rightclick it straight back into your inventory? and 3) ideally tweak the speed to go a little faster, I think we'd have something really amazing on our hands. Of course, it'd be expensive to craft I'm sure (iridium makes for indestructible reflectors, why not an indestructible boat?), but cruising the Nether like a boss would be completely worth it.

Any chance we can have a Qty added to the replicator? I've often needed 10 or 20 of something, but I didn't need the 22 I got for leaving it on continuous.

Just a number with + and - buttons above the "single run" button would be good enough for me, I've never needed more than 20 in one run, and that would be good enough for me.

Alternately, add redstone input, and people can turn it off once X items pass through a funnel or pipe.

Besides the name, let's get serious.

Automatic Potion brewing and potion drinker.

For the Auto potion brewer, i've thought of that you put in the ingredients and it automatically makes a potion. no need to place new items or something like that. you put in the ingredients, and it automatically gives you a list of potions it can make, and it even has an internal storage so you can just leave the items in there and it'll be ready next time to make more. And maybe make an option so it starts up with a redstone signal and makes the potion until you run out of stuff, or you stop it.

For the potion drinker i've thought of an item that you put in your inventory that has a tank, and if you enable it, it feeds you the potion automatically until you run out or shut it off. it won't feed you the whole potion at once, but give you 1 second of the potion and the rest of it will stay in the tank.