Posts by Misterspork

No need to be so angry. I did f***ing compare them to other reactors. I tried, I fucking TRIED, but I wasn't going to spend the time to look at every single reactor in the entire list to see if any of them beat mine. I looked at a couple and I thought "I'm not confident about this, but I might as well try." HEY, HERE'S A SUGGESTION. Maybe if all you stopped yelling and screaming because a person missed a few reactors that trumped theirs, scaring away prospects, maybe we'd get some better reactors in here. Maybe it would be a better community effort. But all you elitist bastards go all caps and scream and yell and cry at everyone who makes a mistake.

I didn't put all my effort into it because I knew this would happen no matter how hard I tried.

Here, here is what you look like:
    Player: Oh hey, I think I could take a stab at this... *makes a reactor*, eh, it's ok, I think it's the best I could come up with. It's worth a shot! *posts*

Elitist: HEY F*** YOU YOU IDIOT DON'T YOU SEE THIS ONE REACTOR ON THE LAST PAGE OF THE FORUM IS BETTER THAN YOURS IN EVERY WAY. YOU ARE F***ING PATHETIC PLEASE LEAVE THIS PLACE.

That's my 2 cents. Take it into consideration.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…dmetgag9fayoeyx2sh5fexqtc

This is a medium efficiency medium-high EU MK-II reactor that I thought MIGHT be worth having a spot. I'll let others be the judge of that.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…m33hubo4pwptsslx3c5xc</a>

I've been trying to get a good six chambered MK I reactor, but that was the closest I could get. It's, ok, I guess, but whether it's worth having a spot is your decision.

Here's some math. If you use an insulated copper cable with 32 EU/t going through it, every five blocks you lose 1 EU, 32*5=160 blocks before the energy runs out. So in most situations, copper cable and batboxes are the way to go if you are powering a single room with a solar flower, which is how most people start out.
    Summary: Low cost cables useful for a single home during the first 1-9 hours of gameplay

2x insulated gold cable with 128 EU/t going through it, 1 EU every 2.5 blocks, 128*2.5=320 blocks, so twice the distance. This is useful for powering a large home with a relatively small power source or using a large power source to power an average home.
    Summary: Use for gold other than railways that can power a relatively large home that you'll acquire after 10 hours total of gameplay.

Glass fibre cable with 512 EU/t going through it, 1 EU every 20 blocks, 512*20=10240 blocks!!!!!!! Useful if you are obsessive over energy loss and are willing to spend diamonds or 64 coal(Or 512 cobblestone with EQ EX) for it, if you have to transfer energy from an island out in an ocean to the continent, or if you want to be REALLY safe with your reactor and have it thousands of blocks away.
    Summary: Very high cost for EXTREME distance energy transfer or extremely low energy loss wiring.

4x insulated HV cable with 2048 EU/t going through it, 1 EU every 1.25 blocks, 2048*1.25=2560 blocks. Useful if you have multiple reactors powering one cable, or if you want a single reactor far away. Also useful as a tesla coil that only costs iron and rubber(I'm assuming shocks from wires also happen to animals). Also useful as a way to quickly power Mass Fabricators and other high EU cost machines.
    Summary: Uses the heavily used refined iron for large distance energy transfer at high loss, and for supplying a large amount of power to an energy hungry system.

Give me other uses and I'll edit them in. This is all I could think of at 11 PM.

Oh, and also, perhaps in a future video you could cover breeding? If you don't know what that is, basically you can get near-depleted uranium cells through two methods, crafting them with 8 cells and a refined uranium, and getting them randomly when a uranium cell runs out. You "enrich" this with coal dust, and make a depleted isotope cell. You then place this isotope cell next to a uranium cell.

Isotope cells multiply heat of adjacent uranium just like regular uranium cells, but I believe the isotope cell only produces 1 heat/s itself? Not sure about that last bit. (EDIT, I just re-read Alblaka's guide and using uranium for breeding does NOT produce any energy at all). The hotter the reactor is, the faster and more efficient the breeder is. What most people aim for is a "perfect" breeder, which is a breeder that doesn't produce or lose any heat a second. What this means is you can use lava buckets and ice to get your temperature up to 9000 or more(Or 12000 if your design includes a lot of plating) and have it stay there. A breeder if designed correctly will double, quadruple, or even octuple your uranium production. The final product is a re-enriched uranium cell, which with coal dust can be made into a uranium cell.

Considering you only had I think 12 uranium, this would help you out a lot I think. A possibly better explanation is in section 5 of Alblaka's guide.

I love this app, but I tried saving and opening a design, and that went fine, but when I tried to run the saved design, I get this error:

Is the saving and loading system not fully worked out yet? I saw someone else in the thread had a problem with loading too.