Posts by AthenianGeneral

@
    AthenianGeneral . not a ripoff, cause HUD is tided to armor that You have on, and it gives information in very diffrente maner. for example my HUD is dependant of 3 types of helmets: Solar (very basic) nano, and quantum (same fetures). And want to do a really responsive HUD, not just static info.

Fair enough.

I agree on voices, getting something similar to how half-life did their suit would be awesome... Perhaps require both the helmet and chest-plate for things like damage notification, leggings for current speed, boots for vertical speed? Also, I think it would be cool if the 'helmet' interfaced with the rest of its suit. (For nano as well.)

EDIT: Still complains about the exact same issue. :( (It's version 2.1c, same exception, deleted the config and let it regenerate, so it's definitely still an issue.) What I would do is just add a config to name all null objects something like "unnamed" or "unknown", if that's feasible. Then you could use use a try catch that supplies the configured name if it's null. Of course, I don't know how you implemented it, so your solution might differ.

^ Just in-case it was missed.

Thanks for the quick update. :) I'll check out the new version and see if it complains about mystcraft.

EDIT: Still complains about the exact same issue. :( (It's version 2.1c, same exception, deleted the config and let it regenerate, so it's definitely still an issue.) What I would do is just add a config to name all null objects something like "unnamed" or "unknown", if that's feasible. Then you could use use a try catch that supplies the configured name if it's null. Of course, I don't know how you implemented it, so your solution might differ.

I am also using 9.1.02 mystcraft, and I just tried this with the 2.1b hud.

Sorry, I forgot that I updated my laptop and not desktop. This issue is fixed in 2.1b Took longer to actually break, but it had the exact same exception.

Also, it appears you don't have exception handling for when an item has a null name. (Not your fault, but it will crash the game because of it.) An example is the link book stand of mystcraft, which has no in-game name.

This might be fixed in your new version, as I haven't tested it yet. I'll have my hand at it in a couple hours and edit this post accordingly.

Tube force fields do this to any force field on the same frequency that was activated before them

Revision 10 changes:

• Made forcefields instantly break boats that are stuck in them (Fixes an exploit). With a zapper upgrade, they will also break boats that touch them.
    • Internal changes to allow large forcefields to have inhibitor upgrades without lagging.
    • Fixed vertical tube projectors in "front" mode (If they were even broken before)
    • Added a cooldown to field activation and deactivation to prevent spam. It takes about 1 tick per 40 force field blocks. A cube with a radius of 16 will take about 8 seconds. Adjustable by cooldownBlocksPerTick in the config.
    • Removed recipe for remote reactor link, since it didn't even do anything.
    • Removed ID-tool mode of MFD, since it was useless. If you have one, you can still craft it back to wrench mode. Crafting a wrench-mode MFD now switches it to...
    • Offset mode. Right click on any side of a projector to shift the entire field in that direction. Sneak to shift in opposite direction. Works on all fields.
    • Added recipe for the inhibitor upgrade (machine block + 4 carbon plates)
    • Allowed wiring directly to cores.
    • Disabled recipe for EU injector.
    • Cores accept energy in complete packets, so no more increased cable losses.
    • Cores will not use any EU's if that would waste energy (if there's <10 FP missing)
    • Projectors now drop their contents when broken (but not reactor monitors and camouflage upgrades)
    • Frequency cards (all types) can be crafted by themselves to reset them.

Excellent work! I'm especially glad to see the cool down, as that has caused some incredible lag on my server if anyone accidentally left a force-field on with insufficient generators (like a couple of solar panels). The only thing I can think of immediately is a hole generator, so we can get inside our own force-fields without a cumbersome setup. (Like using a tube projector, seeing as you'd be stuck with it either inside or outside, and you not having access to it, or having a gaping hole in your defenses.)

I haven't had the opportunity to test this in-game, but has the cutter upgrade griefing been fixed yet? An inhibitor upgrade sounds like a reasonable solution (creating holes in the forcefield with inhibitors would be a non-issue if you have yours up first anyway, would it not? At the very least it's an easier problem to deal with than someone slicing your house up with a cutter upgrade.)

At the very least, a configuration option to disable cutter upgrades from functioning is needed. I love the idea, but it's currently too easy to abuse.