Posts by hobnob11

Ok, so i have made a couple of blocks now using eclipse+mcp+forge, and i wanted to move more towards my goal.

My goal is to meet my RP: In the year 2020 a Fungal infection nicknamed "Dirt2.0" has taken hold of common grass, This infection is harmful to
    the touch, slowing (like soulsand). Due to its fungal nature it is held off by light, so during the day and in open areas the infection is
    practically halted, But in underground/dark areas it spreads. Humanity has been able to find NO KNOWN CURE for this. The year is now 2025, The
    Fungal infection has taken over many major cities around the world, Humanity retreated underground, but eventually where cut off from
    supplies and died out, Some survivors set up great walls of fire to keep the fungal at bay, and this worked for a time, but not for very long.
    You where one of the last space astronauts sent on long 5 year missions to discover new planets in the solar system, due to high solar activity
    the astronauts where cut off from earth and assumed all was normal, however as they began to re-enter they saw their landing site had been
    taken over by Dirt2.0, with no radio contact to ground control (who weren't their anyway) they made a last minute decision to change
    course, they landed in a relatively un-civilised part of the world, due to its insane heat and baron landscapes, This however was perfect to
    repel the Dirt2.0, They landed their, then began to research what was going on, using the advanced scientific equipment in their spaceships
    they discovered a way to turn this fungal infection into harmless mushrooms, which they could use for food, they called this machine the
    "Mushroomitron".

So yeah, that's my goal, What this post is for:

I
    have created the Mushroomitron (a iron furnace with some added mushroom textures) and i wanted to start working on how i would use the IC2 API
    to make a interface that took this block "Dirt2.0" and, using power, converted it into brown and/or red mushrooms, randomly.

I have looked around for instructions/tutorials on how to both add the IC2 API to MCP, and how to then use this to make my Mushroomitron block
    intractable with a GUI which took power and then turned this block randomly into a red or brown mushroom. but the best i could find was a 4
    line tut on how to instal API's on the minecraft forge wiki... this didn't work nor help.