Posts by fearsomegenie

I've been trying to find information on redstone behavior through wiki/forum/google and can't find any. Here are the options I see when I click the button in the upper right on a batbox:

Emit if full
    Emit if partially filled
    Emit if empty
    Do not output energy
    Do not output energy unless full
    Nothing

My understanding is that I should apply a redstone current to the box and then the selected option will then moderate the power usage.

The "Do not output" options seem to work as advertised. The "emit if" options don't seem to do anything differently from do nothing. Besides that, I"m not sure what the intended difference is supposed to be between "Do not output energy unless full" and "Emit if full" or between "emit if empty" and do nothing. Finally, I was hoping that emit if partially filled had some threshold or percentage at which it would and would not emit energy, but it just outputs energy all the time. If that won't work is there something else I can use to get that same kind of effect?

Thanks. (The mod is great by the way. I just discovered it and I can't stop playing it.)

What is the effect of the hv, mv, lv transformers on packets? Are they combined/split? Does that effect how much energy total can be transfered per tick? Also, can a batbox's output be downgraded to tin for long distance transfer and then upgraded again using an lv transformer? I thought you could, but I've tried it without success.