Posts by sebster5858

I play on a raid server using tekkit. A huge problem that we have is that people have the ability to use this annoying thing :Jetpack: :Electric Jetpack: to fly over your walls and get into your base. You're not going to survive very long when people can just pop into your base with a jetpack. As a result, many people tend to build bases deep underground (we have factions so this makes them completely impenetrable) which kind of takes away from the whole point of minecraft as your not actually building anything and the bases look ugly. As the jetpack is pretty useful when your using it to build an etc, I wouldnt want it to be taken out.

My suggestion is an EMP field generator to scramble jetpacks and make people fall out of the sky when it activates. It could be an extension of the tesla coil, with the tesla coil used in the recipe and also a lot of other materials to make it expensive. It would probably have to be a directional field so that you do not scramble yourself with it. It could create a rectangle field that is 3x16xAll the way up to the sky and all the way down to bedrock, any be rotated with a wrench. It would also be helpful if you included something that would let you know where the field is so you can make sure there are no gaps in your wall. It could also have spaces for upgrades such as range upgrades or an upgrade that "shocks" the people it attacks (They take damage and the blindness effect is applied to them or whatever). You could also set it up so that by default it only stops electric jetpacks and the upgrade makes it so that it stops fuel jetpacks as well.

This machine should have a high energy consumption, but it should have a high range (I mean come on, its ridiculous that a tesla coil only goes 4 blocks).