Posts by zippinus

wasn't working when I tried it.
    Found a 100% evil and annoying to maintain option though... stick Buildcraft into the .jar and then leave any sub-mods in the mods folder.
    Not sure if this'd work for anyone having the same problems with IC2 as i'm not sure if it likes living outside it's jar in the mods folder or not.

It should, because MLMP should load the mods in the minecraft(_server).jar, then move to external ones. And IC2 works just fine outside it's .jar. You _could_ extract the files, throw them in a .zip, and name it something crazy, and it'd still work just fine.

I have no errors hacking away an adv machine with a cobble pick or a diamond pick, except perhaps they don't yield a machine block or generator like other machines would if broken quite destructively. I've tried diamond drill, and a mining laser, it seemed good.

I'm using Modloader, Modloader MP, Audiomod, Forge 1.2.3 (eloraam), Redpower 4b, and IC2 1.42, Forestry 1.4.4.4, Optifine C MT and I spawned items using Not Enough Items by chicken bones.

Once I'm up and running, you'll only get an advanced machine block, similar to the standard machines.

At the time the OP was last updated, Buildcraft 2.2.1 was the ONLY version to use special inventory through Forge instead of internally. Once I have made sure that my mod is up to date with IC 1.22, I'll update the post to state "2.2.1 or later". There will also be some bugfixes included. I've been busy this week, so the update will be delayed somewhat. Once I find the time though, I will update this.

I would jizz if someone uploaded their save. I don't care which one, I just get lost when it comes to auto factories like this.

I would, if not for 2 problems. First, I accidentally deleted my save while clearing my minecraft folder, as something in there was causing SMP to hate me, and second, I am unsure as to the new redpower mod, and would need to test it first. Also, thinking on it, There'll need to be an update to the EE + IC addon also. Updating that *should* be easy, but I never trust anything to be easy.

You can use painters to reduce the intersections, thus reducing the lag. Apparently only works in SSP though, sa the wires will revert in SMP. Here's hoping for better framerates.

Thank you for clearing that up. Might have been the reason for the "Direct Redstone Only" feature in IC2 v1.0.

I'm having some trouble useing BC with this addon, namely: the Rotary Macerator doesn't seem to work without Direct Power, with gives Indirect power to the wooden pipe.

Since the pipe requires alternating current, i can't get it to pull items from the macerator, any suggestions?

Edit: The Rotary is requiring direct Redstone power to charge up.

I am addressing the direct current and it will be in the next release. Assuming that you're using 2.2.X of Buildcraft however, you should just use redstone engines. If you are using BC 1.8.1.1, however, I would advise against the use of piping items in/out as the implementation does not work. It will attempt to pull from the input first, so it's not a good idea. Sorry for the trouble.

Then I believe there is a very evil bug, because I cannot, EVER keep even 1 of your machines running on a dedicated 128 EU/t line from an MFE that is completely full from energy crystals....and I have the latest IC2 and 2.1 of your mod. The machines also refuse to allow anything past them on the power line to receive any power.....sorry if I sound annoyed, it's just after having so many damned worlds corrupted by Additional Buildcraft Pipes, *the mod creator seems to like using ID's used by IC/BTW and ID Resolver seems to LOVE to re-id the entire mod, thus killing all chunks his Chunk Loader pipes are in....* I am more than a little pissed that I can't seem to use on of the machines I love so much.

I do apologize, but I am unable to reproduce the bug. Please post a list of your mods, and I'll be happy to see if I can't fix this quickly.

my modloader config:

BUT... this is after the jar install. Dunno if this changes depending on the way I install it, but I can't test it right now... too many ppl on our server to piss off :D
    Will test and report later

I'm fairly sure that ModLoader goes alphabetically on the first attempt. Using the zip, it's likely pulling "Advanced" before "Industrial" and that causes the error.