Posts by GTMog

I'm planning on making a mobile mining platform using frames and miners (yeah, I know, real original ^_^), and the problem I ran into is that to be completely automated, the miner needs to mine on bottom, fill mining pipes on top, and the 4 sides are chest, pump, power, and pneumatic tube for retrieving/replacing drill. There's nowhere to put a frame! I know RP is eventually going to get a tube frame, but I have no idea how long we'll have to wait for that.

Something that I think would not only solve that problem, but also simplify basic miner setups and reduce support issues for new players is to allow the miner to take power from a powered pump next to it. I haven't had time to test it, but I recall seeing somewhere that the basic machines (macerator, extractor, etc) already do something like this, so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to include this feature.

The server I play on is running on a slightly older version of tekkit since the admin has gone MIA for a little while, so my apologies if there's a new/another way to do this. I know I could probably rig up some sort of breaker/deployer to swap parts, but it's kinda ugly and I'm trying to design for a very tight envelope. Suggestions for other methods would be appreciated as well. I searched the forums but didn't see anything concrete about how to do it another way.

Cheers