Posts by Gigaus

Okay, I see now. I am actually good with electrical workings, I build computers for a living. The main issue was, I didn't get what Packages were. But, just so I fully understand, each package is how much -can- go through the line, not how much is, and the Eu reading itself is the total of the energy flowing through it, is that about right? And what is the pakage size of each cable?

So I was reading the wiki about how the Mass Fabricator, and how it works...I can't help but notice the part that mentions it exploading if fed too much energy-- Currently that's not a problem for me, I have kind of half- a--ed geo-generator setup atm. But I was thinking of adding a HV-solar array to the MF, to speed up a rather slow process. However, being honest, I'm not totally sure how Eu packets work, compleatly, save the different levels of energy there are [low, meduim, high, extream, all that.] My issue is, I'm not sure if adding the HV array, with an cable input on another face, will cause the unit to expload or not.

So, much question is, what -exactly- will cause a unit to expload? And how exactly do packets work?

Well, I also need those 3 plants. But if you want something 100% sustaining, just get a mass fab. you can make nearly everything with that, if you have enough energy.

Excellet, thank you...I didn't really consider the Mass fabricator...I have -more- Than enough energy, and an endless supply of scrap. 'had more energy than I needed, didn't really have too many machines. In anycase, that aside, I mostly want to do this, to put out a guide, on how to do all this. That, and explain the best way to get up to that level from ground.

So, I found the part of IC2 that deals with the new crops, after accidently making a crop-stick, and not really knowing what is was. 100+ Sticks and seeds later, I have a few of the new plants, save for the 'useful' ones, in my opinion. What I mean is, Red wheat, Ferru, and Aureila. Now, I'm not too concerned about Aurelia, mainly 'cuz I can jump to the Neither, and knock over a few zombie pig men for gold nuggets, but Ferru, and Red wheat, I have a pressing need for. The reason being, they drop the two byproducts you can get anywhere else in the game, in a renewable fashion. When you mine out a redstone block, or an iron ore block, to my knowledge, it's gone for good, and there's no way to legit get a new block. That said, even with the abundence of iron and redstone, the reason I want to have the plants for these, is for an expairment to create a 100% renewible/infinately sustainable factory/settlement with Ic2 stuff.

Rambling aside, my question is; What are the growth conditions, specificly, to get Red wheat to grow? I know it's 'light level is red stone', and all that, but....I have a whole 'green house', made of wood, with nothing but redstone torches, after all the normal wheat and stuff has grown, and two crop-matrons, set up to put out all the needed stuff for about 30 someodd plants. [when one runs o ut, approximately, the system I have switches the other matron on, so, over weed-exing doesn't become a problem.] I have been trying for a good week or two now, and...I have gotten wheat, sugercane, venomilia, blackthrone, weeds, you name it, but no Red wheat....Is there something I'm missing here?