Posts by Rekalty

I must say, I really like this. Looks very smooth and does exactly what it should. I would like for it to list numbers differently, watching rows of 1000000/1000000 makes it hard to tell, maybe adding a % indicator before it, and rounding down if the item has a certain amount of power, like making Drill/Chainsaw show as 10k/10k, 9.8k / 10k and so on. Also, be able to move the indicator of currently equipt tool away from the mouse/center of the screen, it gets in the way.

But yeah, other than that, it's a neat addition that only improves the experience of IC2

Shouldnt LVs, MVs and HVs be able to generate a small amount of EU while raining/night time? considering they are 8/64/512 times more effective generators, they should be able to get a little power out of low-light conditions. 1/8th or such, LVs being 8day/1night, MVs 64/8 and HVs 512/64. This would somewhat offset the high price, and at least for me be a bit more realistic, seeing just how much more effective they are, compaired to "vanilla" solars.

Seems direwolf got hold of some secret info. He mentioned a list of items the new plants were able to give. Amongst those, IRON DUST. Im not saying anything else, have fun Herbing :D Looking forward to someone else figuring out how to use these plants.

While im still trying to figure out why Solars recipe was nerfed, when they are inferior compaired to Winds, I just cant make myself build a Windfarm, even if the same amount of resources gives a lot more EU from Wind (Even more now, with the horrible 2-curcuits-per-solar recipe)
    On the server I play, im making MV/HV Solars from the great Advanced Machines mod, to cut down on my C02... I mean Latency useage, rather than making 2k Winds. Again, I know I should just make that horrible farm, get more EU, save resources. Solars are my guilty pleasure.

Minor bug/issue. When raining, the LV/MV/HV Solars (only noticed with MV for now) stop generating EU. While this is working as intented, they dont seem to check if they are in a desert, and if so, keep making EU. I have 2 MVs in a desert, next to a 32 solar flower. the 32 "vanilla" solars generate EU, but the 2 MVs do not.

Running the: mod_advancedmachines-client-3.1.1.zip on a SMP Bukkit server.

Cobblegens are soo 2011 :D Im using a trapped snow golem, block breaking (RP2) the snow he constantly spawns, then stuff it into Recyclers. I can easily get 5 per second, per golem. Currently I have one golem feeding 5 Recyclers, could up that to 10 Recyclers per golem easy.

A client-side config to have the CTRL + W for Q. Legs sprint would be great, Ive stopped counting the times I were trying to move slightly forward, only to plunge yourself 50 feet forward... I dislike the MC "Vanilla" Sprint feature (well, the feature is fine, but activating it with double-tap W is just a pain, and im not sure what Mojang had in mind, when they implemented it...)

I would say, they are. I have yet to see any pratical way to use them, and their output is simply weak. Even if they do give .21 constantly, they req. almost the same materials as Solars, which give 1 EU/daytime (lets say .55-.60 EU/day cycle) is still alot better than Water. In your case, if you have the materials, I would go Nuclear. Or store EU from a Solar Farm topside in Crystals and manually carry them down, once in a while.

Nothing new really...

You can also turn 64 Iron Ingots into Glowstone, back into 48 Iron Ores, then Macerate the ore to get 96 dust = 96 Ingots, effectively increasing the starting amount by 50%
    Infinite Resources, anyone? Or just make Glowstone Blocks from Glowstone dust, in Glowstone Thingies, then turn some into dust and repeat... EE isnt about balance, not even close. Its about having fun!

Didnt mean to sound that hard, heck, Ive only played IC2 for a few weeks, messing with reactors for 1½ week. There's a ton of good posts on this forum, and the simulator is a great tool :)