Posts by Mint

I was wondering if you had a chance to look at the texture I made for you for the fociumium chunks or if you saw the idea for the forcefield jammer frame blocks. I know your busy with life and coding and all that fun jazz, as I have been with a new 40 hour a week job, and can easily miss things here on this thread when you have so many posts to catch up on...

How about a block that if made into a frame like nether portals or mystcraft portals, acts like a jammer? This would make making portals into and out of protected areas easier like if you have a tunnel or a walk way connected to your main area. This would save time and resources in making holes in forcefields for this application so much easier! Im not sure how well you are with modeled blocks but something thats shaped like and places like the RP2 accelerators would look great! Though without the hole in the middle...

Honestly this is more of a problem with you not managing your server properly then the mod itself... If he made the blocks update and replace themselves more frequently then the mod would cause insane amounts of lag. Also why are nukes and other explosives even craftable or placable in the first place unless your using vanilla server. To be honest I doubt theres anything he can do to fix these problems without making the mod a lag monster with block updates and checks. If your running a bukkit server get a plugin like hawkeye or logblock and start banning the retards that are doing this kind of thing. If they cant respect a protected area as private then they dont need to be playing multiplayer anyways. If you using vanilla, your kinda SOL. This mod ISNT a replacement for something like WorldGuard like you seem to be treating it as. Thunderdark is more then welcome to correct me on this but there no real way to fix this without some massive rewrites and effort thats more easily solved by you managing your server better, no offense. As nice as Thunderdark is with trying to implement all our suggestions your taking a tad too far trying to make it into your custom area protection plugin/mod.

I was thinking and how about a block that acts like a jammer not letting force field blocks form inside of them, think a nether portal like frame. This would make making entrances into a force field protected area alot easier instead of having to setup another projector with a jammer. I had a hell of a time setting up my base with a mob defense upgrade since I had several pathways leading into or out of the main area.

EDIT: I updated my suggested sprite to have light/dark specks:

questions to all users of MFFS

Forcicium: is too much or too little World generation ?? add depleted Forcecium (Output Extactor). ?? add a recipe depleted Forcecium + (redstone,glowstone,lapi) = Forcecium

The world gen seems sufficient enough to keep fields running for a good while. Though I have 2 things to add:

1: Make a recipe, probably using UU-Matter to create forcilium directly for servers that cant reset their maps to make the forcilium generate. This along with the depleted forcilium would be cool. Also can you make forcilium cells? I think it would be cooler to have the extractor use these cells. Like 1 cell + 8 forcilium dust = a forcilium power cell, also 1 cell + 8 forcilium block would create a dense forcilium power cell. The thinking behind this is i think it would be cooler to swap out cells then dump rocks into a machine but thats just me. Would also serve the purpose of condensing down the amount of forcilium people may have sitting in their chests, that is if these cells stack and i dont see why they shouldnt. Im aware that this suggestion would make you have to recalculate the amount of FP that the cells would make though this alongside with just dumping the raw forcilium in the extractor could work nicely as using raw forcilium wont produce a depleted material and would simply be consumed. The cells would be a way to conserve forcilium and make it go further, though his may necessitate reducing the amount dropped per block or spawn rarity. Though this leaves the problem of the dense power cells. I guess you could make depleted dense power cells but we dont have a redstone block, though the recipe could be like this:

redstone forcblock redstone
    lapblock depleted glowblock
    redstone forcblock redstone

and the regular power cell could be:

focilium lapisdust redstone
    glowdust depleted glowstone
    redstone lapisdust forcilium

Just a few suggestions for the focilium mechanic.

2: Can you add a config option to make the capacitor to use the old functionality to make it power directly off of eu? Some of us wont like the forcilium thing and just want to place it and forget it. This will have more people use your mod. This is for the people or servers that cant reset their maps or dont like the forcilium thing. Again, just a suggestion so you dont alienate some of your users.

I know this is alot of suggestions but there just some ideas I thought up while playing around with the mod.