IC2 Exp - Replicator UU Consumption Speed

• I'm playing on IC2 Experimental, and trying to make things out of UU with the replicator...I'm a few builds behind the latest due to playing on a server with others, but I didn't see anything on the Jenkins affecting Replicators, so I figured I'd come here and post.

Right now I have more than enough power to run my Replicator...in fact, doing an expensive recipe like Iridium, I fill up the required EU in less than a minute. I did notice when setting up the replicator, however, that it wouldn't accept Transformer Upgrades (I was going to run it off a EV line from a nuclear reactor). One problem I noticed, however, is it takes forever to consume the 42 buckets of UU Matter to make the recipe...I think I'm at 5 minutes now and it's only at 50%. I tried to speed this up with overclockers (looks like it maxes out at 17 and stops processing at 18), but that doesn't help much, and results in a lack of power due to being unable to supply it with higher than an HV line. Is there any better way to speed it up?

I know these expensive recipes are supposed to be resource intensive, and time is a resource...but this just feels like you're waiting for no reason.

Oh, a little more testing while writing this post and 17 overclockers seem to be decently fast (little over a minute processing time) but I have to wait to put them in until the EU required for the recipe is filled, and that means babysitting...I personally dislike babysitting my machines. Anyone got any ideas? Does OpenPeripherals come with some functions for the replicator to detect when the required EU is met?