Can't scan items?

• What kind of items can be scanned and replicated? Considering that IC2 apparently generates a UU-graph dynamically on server startup, I assumed that all items that can somehow be crafted or acquired would be producible.

But when I tried to put in a High Voltage Solar Array (or any other kind of solar array), it didn't go in. Neither did an energy bridge from Power Converters.

I scanned a sand block, a regular solar cell, a Quarry and a diamond chest (from Iron Chests) without difficulty, so clearly it accepts vanilla, IC2 and other mod content. What's special about the Compact Solars and the Power Converters mod?

• Official Post

It scans/replicates anything it can calculate the value of.

The system is quite limited in terms to determining the value of raw materials automatically, the only pre defined ones atm are cobblestone (1) and iridium. Those are expanded through /ic2 uu-world-scan, which measures how often drops are being generated on average in comparison to cobblestone. If you add mods you should rerun that scan command to adjust for any additions. There's no way to account for mob drops, renewables or special creation procedures.

Values for advanced materials, including back-propagation to raw materials, are being derived from recipes, but only Vanilla, Forge and IC2 recipe handlers are supported right now.

Solar arrays don't work atm because they have their recipes registered after IC2 grabbed all recipes and started the calculation, i.e. too late.