Tutorial: Installation of Medieval Craft (For Client and Server!)

• Official Post

Seeing as a lot of people are having issues installing and setting up their Medieval Craft server, I thought I would give a set of highly detailed instructions (Note: Medieval Craft edits a metric tonne of Basefiles, and is Highly incompatible with most mods out there):

Installing Minecraft for Survival Single Player:

• Browse to your .minecraft folder.
    • If you have a vanilla (unmodified) minecraft.jar file, skip to step 3.

• Create a back up copy of your bin folder (This will save mods you have installed).

• Start minecraft via 1.3 Launcher (The new one) and click 'Options'.

• Click 'Force Update', and log into the game.

• Congratulations, you now have a Vanilla .jar file. Exit minecraft.

• Open your bin folder and right click and open with your minecraft.jar with your preference of Archiving Software (Winzip, 7zip, Archive Manager, etc).

• Delete the META-INF Folder.

• Copy the contents of ModLoader's zip file into the minecraft.jar archive

• Copy the contents of ModloaderMP (Client side) into your minecraft.jar archive

• Copy the contents of "into minecraft_jar" (Leave it's sub folders alone, as in copy them as a whole) into your minecraft.jar archive.

• Copy the MedievalCraftConfig.txt file into your bin folder as well as your .minecraft folder

• You now have successfully set up your Minecraft for Medieval Craft!

Setting Up Medieval Craft On A Server:
    (This requires that you at least know how to set up a vanilla server, so I will not go into unneeded details).

• Start by downloading the minecraft_server.jar file from here .

• Open the minecraft_server.jar file and copy in the ModLoaderMP server file .

• In your Medieval Craft zip, there should be a folder named "into minecraft_server_jar" Open it and copy it's contents into the minecraft_server.jar archive

• [size='10']

Close your Archive folder, and copy the config file from the MeC zip, into the parent (main) folder, where your minecraft_server.jar is located (Togglable effects and other settings for the server are located near the bottom)

• If you've done everything correctly, you should have successfully installed Medieval Craft on your server.

(Note: This post will be "prettyfied" (even more) once I get around to it.)