Reoseah's Random Suggestions

• I will post there different ideas I had about ic2.
    I think that with rate ~1 post each 2-3 days I could keep this thread for months... Perhaps I will implement some of this things in an addon someday.
    Sometimes I can draw different things just for relaxing... Sometimes related to this thread icons and pictures I will drop there as well as other random things. I often experiment a lot with them, so there could be different versions for same thing.

This post is about things related to energy storage items. Not blocks, that will be completely another post.

Generally I think in late game there should be alternatives for lapotron crystals. Having new first and second tier storages will add little to game.

- Prismarine and new type of energy crystals
    I don't know why prismarine is not used by mods... It could be used for new tier-2 storage instead of redstone. Or it could be used instead of lapis for another tier-3 type on energy crystal. Second idea is more interesting, I think. They may have high capacity (ten times more than lapotron crystal for example) but with extremely small recharge rate, so require a lot of time for full charge (like 10-15 minutes or even more, can be configurable). But fully charged it can supply some small machine or even a small station for many days.
    Or it may lose some energy. For example, return only 80% of energy that was filled in.

- Ender Pearls and perhaps some interdimensional features
    It could be implemented in different ways. I think interesting idea is having item only as "gate" to actual storage, which is created by complex multiblock core, like a reactor.

- Or some world generated crystals / materials?
    Just see this list of light saber crystals in Star Wars universe. They may generate in The Nether or in The End, or in overworld using some biome-like way. Like deposits in world where in few chunks some kinds of crystals are spawned, and never spawned on their own outside. If they are really needed, players will had to search for them. And if there is strong competition and PvP is not disabled...

- Refine energycrystals somehow?
    For example, using Vapour Deposition Machine. Just vaporize energium dust with strong electricity or laser and let it recrystallize on some seed... Maybe in many cases return redstone and coal dust, but sometimes produce absolutely flawless energycrystals (or monocrystals). Those may for example have high recharge speed, draining or filling 1M eU in a few seconds.
    Or read previous paragraph about Star Wars...

- "Supercondensators"
    Strange energy storage that has about 100k eU and gives it all in one tick. Uses some superconductors or quantum technologies...
    Do you remember that Overwatch Standart Issue Pulse Rifle... it reloaded by some strange things you. Some end-game quantum tools could accept them immediately recharging for next 30-50 actions.

:Industrial Diamond:

His Superior Darkness Earl Cat blesses everybody who reads this with aroma of catnip and bergamot. :Industrial Diamond: