[WIP][1.7.10] Basic Weapons Mod

• Basic Weapons Mod

This mod is just bare-bones right now, it doesn't add much

Minecraft version 1.7.10
    Forge version 1.7.10-10.13.4.1558

First off, I know there are other mods out there that do similar things, but the point of this was to do it as a learning experience for myself :thumbup:

The Basic Weapons Mod adds, well, basic weapons. So far, it adds 2 guns, the M4A1 and Colt 1911, and items the items used to craft them. However, I would like to add some basic weapons, as well, (that is the name of the mod after all) like Spears and Knives with wood, stone, flint, iron, gold, and diamond tiers for each. Graphite (created by smelting coal) is used to craft Graphite Lubricant, which is then used to build guns out of gun parts (Stock, Receiver, and Barrel) in the Weapon Workbench. Multiple different scopes can be added to guns, and are crafted from Lenses, Redstone, and iron. That is the plan. I am still working on the GUI for the Weapon Workbench, getting the guns to use ammunition, play sounds when fired, and lots of other little details.

This is my first mod, and I welcome comments and constructive criticism :D

Check out the code here
    I followed Pahimar's Let's Mod Reboot tutorials for adding items, blocks, etc. and I would recommend watching them if you want to get into Minecraft modding

Screenshots

Issues, Bugs, things I am still figuring out, and things I plan to add:

• Getting guns to use ammo. I plan on having the item damage reflect how much ammuntion is in the current magazine, then when you reload, a new magazine will be taken from your inventory. I can't figure out how to change its damage value. Alternative, use NBT

• Getting guns to play sounds when they fire. I think I might need to register sounds like, items, I have no idea.

• Adding a texture to EntityBullet, like snowballs, and increasing their velocity

• Adding Lead Ore for crafting bullets.

• Adding a GUI for the Weapon Workbench

• Adding Spears and Knives

Check out my Minecraft mods here!

Edited 3 times, last by mindhack: screenshots ().