[Suggestion] The Power Seperation Cable

• Ok, i'm not sure if you can do this already with some sort of trick, or if there's soem kidn of expansion mod or soemting for this, heck, there might not even be a poitn to this, but i was thinking about a power seperation cable.

Ok, so let's say you have a bunch of areas that need power, including a backup power supply. You don't want all your power to go to one area, right? Well, with this cable you could right click on it with a wrench to open a menu, and you can select how much power goes to each direction. Like, 35% going to your machines, 40% going to your backup energy storage, etc. It's almost liek the diamond pipe from buildcraft, but with power seperation.

Just throwing this idea out there. Now again, i'm not sure if you can already do this with regular cables, but it'd be nice to have a single cable to do this.

MinecraftPig

:Mining Laser:

In case of implosion, turn and blame the person next to you.

:thumbup:

• Make it an "EU Splitter" block instead and I'm for it. :)

It doesn't really make sense as a cable.

In earlier versions of IC there was a splitter block, but it was removed when the ability for cables for form intersections was added (I think that was the reason... ). Anyway, with your suggestion, it would be made useful again by giving it a UI that allows the player to adjust the amount of EU sent to each of the output facings. However, I would suggest making it use actual EU rather than percentages to make things simpler. If the possibility of non-standard packet sizes is a problem, then another method would be to have the UI let the player set the number of packets that go in each direction. For example, if the input is in 32 EU packets, then you could say you want two packets to go to the right for every 1 packet that goes left. This allows far less fine-tuning though so being able to set the EU per direction would be nicer.