Block of Ice cooling - does not seem to reduce heat

• Hello, gents,

My reactor ran through a cycle and had gathered about 8k heat, so I let it cool down (no uranium cells were in the reactor at that point). About when it reached 3k heat, I decided to try around with ice. The ice melted, but the heat did not go down by 200, only by about 3-4 (as it would without the ice). Is there some sort of bug or am I doin it wrong?

I used the thermometer mod to measure the temperature. I am using the Technic-Pack version the Yoggscast suggested, Minecraft version being 1.7.3.

Edit: Intriguing! I just powered up the reactor again. When it reached 550 heat, I decided to add 3 ice blocks. It went down to 350 heat! ... then back up again to 550 (in only about half a second, definitely not caused by the reactor's excess heat: My design is supposed to produce 29 heat. Taking no credit for it, it was made by some smart guy here whose name I shall research really quickly!). By that time, the 3 blocks were gone.

Edit: There we go, thanks mister dezuman!

• :D

Remember that all HDs and coolant cells store as much heat as the reactor hull itself, so you have to divide any heating/cooling by the number of those (+1 for the reactor)

In this case the number is a simple 50, so a single ice block will reduce the reactor heat by 200/50 = 4 :|

• In this case the number is a simple 50, so a single ice block will reduce the reactor heat by 200/50 = 4 :|

Oooo now that's good to know. I should've thought about that...

once again, thanks mister dezuman! :)