32/128 transformer question

• I am part way through building a 128 solar panel flower and currently considering the 32 to 128 transformer setup. Thus far I've got 4x batbox, each fed by 32 solar panel flower. At full output, that results in 4 cables (one leading out of each batbox), each carrying 32 EU/t.

I've got two options in mind for the transformer stage and am unsure which will be most efficient:

(1) Lead all 4 cables into one LV transformer.

(2) Use 4x LV transformers, with one connected to each batbox, then join the 4x MV cables leading out of each transformer.

The question then remains: Can an LV transformer accept 4x 32 EU/t inputs simultaneously (so it's actually accepting 128 EU/t at 32 EU), and hence output 128 EU/t at 128 EU?

There will already be an MFE only a few squares down the MV line, so I want to do the 32/128 with a transformer rather than an MFE. I don't want to waste an MFE when a transformer is so much cheaper.

Also yes - redstone is planned for the step-up Tx.

• interesting.... why are you using a transformer when you can just use a MFE unit? I know it costs more, but if you have the resources, you get the same effect with a very nice 600k EU storage thrown in for good measure.

I tend to get a bit gratuitous when forming systems and use a few too many storage units. It makes me able to run a larger system of machines from less solar panels however, and i like that. 8)

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)