Gen3 nuclear technology mk5-CASUC 295 eu/tick 3.93 eff 4 chambers no maintenance

• Iam thinking more to craft 8 depleted ones and put them in the breeder instead of making 1 uranium cell. With a quary you got a steady flow of stuff coming so and it will double my uranium so i will only need 14 uranium per cycle to keep it running.

Something simple like this:
    http://test.vendaria.net/index…XXIXIUIXXXXIXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This way i use 10 uranium to get some eu and 20 uranium back and it will be 100% safe only need to replace the uranium. Through would be nice if it was possible to make a higher heat reactor that doesnt require babysitting.

• That's about what I came up with, Rick.

Basically at low temperatures every time that reactor runs twice you burn 10 uranium and get 20 recharged cells back. You have to use 10 of those cells to replace the 10 you just burned, so net reaction :

2.5 uranium + 40 coal + 3.75 tin = 10 uranium cells + a small amount of energy

So net reaction is actually only + 7.5 uranium for two cycles..tying up an entire nuclear reactor AND a cooling system. Not to mention the 40 coal you have to supply.

This is so-so, but you'd need to be doing this with 7.5 reactors for every one of your Mark 5 CASUCs you have. And that means that every cycle you need to supply 150 coal.

A better method is to simply use the energy from water cooled Mark 5s to mass fabricate more uranium. Apparently, if you can keep a massfab always filled with scrap (without overflowing, which can be trickier than it sounds) it takes 250k EU to make 1 unit of UU-matter. Since it takes 6 UU-matter to make a piece of Uranium ore, you pay 1.5 million energy for a piece of uranium that will release ~4 million EUs in a reactor.

This STILL isn't free or as IMBA as people might cry. It takes ~3 recyclers to keep up with an energy input of 80 EU/tick on a massfab. (tested this)

Both our designs produce over 500 EU/tick...so at least 15-20 recyclers. And then you need to supply a fresh piece of material every 0.65 seconds to keep a recycler fed.

That's a LOT of material. A couple of mega-quarries can supply the materials, but right now they would burn up oil like crazy..and in the future (aka right now for SSP) you'll be able to use nuclear energy on a quarry to run it.

You could use cobblestone generators, but if you use a miner for a cobblestone generator it burns like 16 EU/tick PER generator (and you need 1-2 per recycler)...ouch.

You could use block breakers from Redstone Power for a free cobblestone generator. You'd still need a lot of them to supply that many recyclers.

In any case, cobblestone generators are basically cheating. I think I'm going to ban them from my server. Using a cobblestone generator is really no different than using TMI to spawn stuff. Cactus farms and monster spawners are ok because at least they get their material from somewhere, and they take a lot of work to build one big enough to get serious output. Same with pumping lava from a lake to make cobblestone using buildcraft.

• Long story short, without building a GIGANTIC monster spawner or other source of items to make scrap from to keep up, these reactors are nowhere near as IMBA as they appeared at first. Assuming you consider a cobblestone generator that makes infinite cobblestone from 1 square of lava to be cheating (how could it not be?) then these reactors are basically a :

1. Way to burn off all that uranium you collected over days of play in a few hours.
    2. Way to burn the uranium a little bit more efficiently than a more conventional reactor design.

Just making like 3 efficiency 3 6 chamber water cooled reactors is enough to keep up with most player's uranium mining rate.

Contrast this with solar or wind, where you build them once and supply nothing forever.

• Its impossible to make endless uranium with a breeder even if the depleted cells would instantly turn into uranium cells. Only 25% will turn into depleted cells so it will always decrease. Nice way to increase your uranium income by alot through :).

My CASUC reactor will need alot of MSFU to store the enormous amount of energy it makes in 1 cycle. Also with a breeder it will have a effective efficiency of like 8 :D. In the end eff is most important. Getting 8 mil eu from a single uranium ore is nice :).

• Its impossible to make endless uranium with a breeder even if the depleted cells would instantly turn into uranium cells. Only 25% will turn into depleted cells so it will always decrease. Nice way to increase your uranium income by alot through :).

My CASUC reactor will need alot of MSFU to store the enormous amount of energy it makes in 1 cycle. Also with a breeder it will have a effective efficiency of like 8 :D. In the end eff is most important. Getting 8 mil eu from a single uranium ore is nice :).

This theoretical CASUC Breeder: http://test.vendaria.net/index…IXIUIUIXIUIUIXIUIUIXXXXXX
    (Which would need to be supplied with 1.5 filled water buckets every second.)

Would require 16 isotope cells per cycle (2 uranium, 4 tin, 32 coal dust) [ya, I know 16 coal dust, but the other 16 is used to turn the re-enriched uranium back into uranium cells]
    And would recharge those 16 isotope cells and produce 44 million EU.

Uranium efficiency per uranium ore? 22.

So if efficiency is the greatest thing, I win?

• what are breeders for? D:

Turning nearly-depleted uranium cells into actual uranium cells. [You can craft 8x nearly-depleted uranium cells with 1 uranium]
    Add coal dust to the nearly-depleted uranium to get isotope cells [Which are then "recharged" in a nuclear reactor; reactors for this specific purpose are called breeders]

So basically, they're to increase your uranium yields.

• So if efficiency is the greatest thing, I win?
    [Then again, you say that it's impossible to make endless uranium with a breeder, but you also claim your breeder makes 5 free uranium per cycle [20 per 2 cycles, using 10 (recharged cells) per 2 cycles, 10/cycle - 5/cycle to run = +5 free; so which is it?]

There may be some mistakes made in the numbers. First of all, you can't have a 5 chamber reactor and use water buckets. You need 1 pipe going in to insert fresh buckets and another pipe to remove the empties. 4 chambers is the max, and I use 3 chambers. Second, at the temperature water boils, 4000 heat, breeding is not very efficient. It takes TWO cycles of this reactor to recharge all the depleted cells. That reactor actually produces a net of 16 recharged cells and costs 16 cells every cycle. So net reaction with this reactor is :

2 uranium + 6 tin + 32 coal = 220 EU/tick. The listed efficiency is 2.75, but since you are getting most of your uranium back with this reactor, you actually have an efficiency of 22.

That is, if you ignore the coal and tin cost, you get 22 million EU out for each piece of raw uranium you put in. Ok, yeah, that's efficient.

Except it does take 32 coal and 6 tin (3 tin ore) every cycle. This isn't perpetual motion: you do need to find that coal somewhere. 32 coal isn't much but it does add up.

Ok I have what I need to construct my matter-> energy converter. I will open up a new thread when I have it working.

• Turning nearly-depleted uranium cells into actual uranium cells. [You can craft 8x nearly-depleted uranium cells with 1 uranium]
    Add coal dust to the nearly-depleted uranium to get isotope cells [Which are then "recharged" in a nuclear reactor; reactors for this specific purpose are called breeders]

So basically, they're to increase your uranium yields.

disadvantages? only one (or more) other reactor(s)?

• disadvantages? only one (or more) other reactor(s)?

Disadvantages are myriad :

1. Efficient breeding requires high temperatures. Over 9000 heat.. However, at high temps, the reactor is usually just a 1000 heat away from detonating.

2. It requires you to heat the reactor TO these high temperatures somehow and to monitor it to make certain it does not overheat. Inserting lava buckets is a way to do it that will not result in a nuclear explosion if you screw up (I think...)

3. You have to supply more coal dust and tin. 2 per cell you recharge.

4. You get very little EU from the uranium in most breeder reactors.

5. You have to use a special reactor design that stays above 9000 heat with 0 heat change from tick to tick.

6. Micromanagement is required - solar power or wind requires none.

7. It takes forever. About 90 minutes in the most efficient breeder reactor.

8. Reactors are very expensive, and having several for just breeding is expensive.

And probably some others.

• Only 1/4 of the uranium cells will turn into depleted ones. Max eff boost you can get with 4000 heat reactor would be:

1th phase:
    you find 5 uranium
    you craft one uranium into 8 depleted ones
    It takes 4 uranium cells to turn 8 depleted into uranium cells
    This means for every 5 uranium you find a breeder can make 8 uranium cells from it (note here uranium cells cannot be crafted into depleted ones)
    This is 60% more uranium in phase 1

2th phase:
    You use the 8 uranium in the reactor to make eu
    2 of them will turn into depleted ones
    on average you need 1 uranium to recharge 2 depleted ones
    So in the end this means 12,5% more uranium for phase 2

1*1,6*1,125 = 1,8 So after 2 phases a breeder will increase your uranium cell amount by 80% and it will have produced some eu. More phases will increase it even more but only by a tiny amount. It will never be self supporting. However breeding in a >6000 heat breeder will increase this boost by alot. Then you would only need 3 uranium to make 8 uranium cells in phase 1 for instance.

It will need coal and tin but the fact you need coal is compensated for the eu you get from the breeder (1 uran cell at 1 eff will produce 250 coal worth of eu).