Automated Reactor?

• I was wondering if someone could either show me a tutorial or help me some how on making an automatic reactor for minecraft... I am trying to figure this out and have no idea why it never works and I end up blowing myself up... lol

• define automatic. If you mean an automatically feeding coolant system with bc or rp2 for casuc reactors rick or brickedkeyboard are probably your best bet to talk to. They've got some pretty good example reactors on here.

If thats not what you mean a bit more of an explanation is required.

• Well autofeeding uranium is possible but only for top row and if its really needed 2th row (but it has a high chance to just pop out then). Even 3th row can be used through but you gotta try it like 999 times before it actualy goes in there. Through if you are auto feeding uranium it should be a mark 1 or have it shutdown after some cycles or you risk a nice hole in your map.

• Actually you can do 2 rods of uran (20 eu/tick) with one chamber mk.1, and that's for good measure in cooling. But yeah, not exactly great ...

• Its less automated than my reactor. You need 1300 stacks of ice/cycle.

and that's without even mentioning the fact that it uses teleport pipes, which many people dislike because they're pretty cheap and overpowered. Still, I am hoping to see you find that mod for generating ice en masse, lolz. it should be pretty easy once we have the official game and can generate tons of snow with snow golems.

Now...
    If you're looking for automated refilling:

If you look on this thread on post 151 and the next few, I explain it there, but it is a bit confounded by my rambling: http://forum.industrial-craft.…d&threadID=2071&pageNo=8&

Basically, in order to automate the refilling, there is first a problem made the the reactor not having all 6 chambers. Things filling it think it has full rows of 9, but when they put the items into the 9th slot and such, they just get chucked out by the reactor on its next tick (once every second). However, if more items are thrown in at the same time that it chucks the extra stuff out, the new items stick. Therefore, since reactors work exactly alongside redstone ticks (1 reactor tick for every 10 redstone), the "junk" can be inserted 1 redstone tick earlier than the next row, and the reactor can be filled row by row. However, due to difficulties timing the reactor, I recommend doing each row individually, rather than trying to go fast enough to build one upon the other. If you do so, the items inserted (for filling the whole thing with uranium, just as an example) would go something like this:

REDSTONE TICKS:
    1) (# of missing chambers)*(row number-1)*junk inserted
    2) 6 uranium inserted

11) see 1
    12) see 2

and so forth. If you want more complicated patterns involving control over both rows and columns, I recommend instead that you leave all but one type of item in the reactor as place holders so to speak, rather than ever trying to refill the whole thing. This can be achieved by putting a transposer on any extraction filters, and changing the filter of the filter so to speak. However, if you plan on making a CASUC reactor with bucket overflow like Rick's, BrickedKeyboard's, or mine, then you will need to trigger the transposers with an inverted pulse, so that they stay on and don't accidentally catch the overflow during normal reactor operations.

• I was wondering if someone could either show me a tutorial or help me some how on making an automatic reactor for minecraft... I am trying to figure this out and have no idea why it never works and I end up blowing myself up... lol

Yeah the RP2 style reactors can be a bit fussy and tend to explode. Until someone shows a system that can be re-built and works 100% every time I'm not convinced that they're safe :P

I should try building a couple more just to make sure it's not my bad luck, I can guess at what caused my last reactor to explode.

Also about all the craziness with filling reactors. I'm working on the problem at the source lols.
    Edit: I may have fixed the wonky way reactors deal with buildcraft/redpower2, need to do a little more testing first (and possibly figure out formatting issues).