ChrisWsrn's Reactor Layouts.

• This Thread is for my reactor layouts.

Reactor Naming Scheme

My general classifications:
    PENDING means that the reactor has not been tested in-game. The general classification after pending is based off the theoretical specification of the reactor.
    SAFE means that the reactor is safe if all of the recommendations for the reactor are met.

Timing:
    For my reactors marked with "Timed" I recommend the use of a timing circuit to regulate the reactor.
    If I have "Estimated Timed" then I am using the safest reasonable times (Shortest reasonable run time and longest reasonable cool-down time).
    ℝEU/tick is the Actual EU/tick the reactor produces accounting for time lost during cooling cycles when using my time.
    EU/cycle is the Amount of EUs from a run cycle when using my Recommended times.

Cooling:
    My Calculations account for the reactor housing. For my calculations to be valid the reactor must be encased/submerged in the correct material

Reactors marked with "Water Submerged" must be submerged in water. My calculations were done for water.
    Reactors marked with "Air Submerged" must be submerged in air or water. My calculations were done for air.
    Reactors marked with "Encased" must be submerged in water, air, or surrounded by any block except lava and fire. My calculations were done for solid blocks.

Reactor Selection Guidelines

A reactor with high efficiency (Eff) is preferred when uranium is rare.

A reactor with high ℝEU/tick is preferred for continuous power production. Use this value to compare reactors with generators EU/tick when designing power-plants.

A reactor with high EU/cycle is preferred when lots of power is needed quickly. Use this value to compare reactors with generators EU/tick when designing generators.

Reactor Layouts

SAFE Mark-V EB Encased 310 EU/tick 3.88 Eff Timed 7.74 ℝEU/tick 49,600 EU/cycle

SAFE Mark-V EB Encased 310 EU/tick 3.88 Eff Timed 7.73 ℝEU/tick 79,360 EU/cycle

SAFE Mark-V EB Encased 340 EU/tick 3.50 Eff Timed 20.62 ℝEU/tick 59,500 EU/cycle

SAFE Mark-V EA Water Submerged 590 EU/tick 4.21 Eff Timed 25.32 ℝEU/tick 33,040 EU/cycle

• Two three points:

*HDs are superior to platings in most cases

*If you're gonna make clocked reactors, you better make many small ones because OP external cooling. You can make a one-chamberer that gives 20 eu/t (clocked to mk.1) at 3.5 eff, and if you consider the lower cost it's about equivalent to a 50 eu/t full reactor :)
    edit2: proof

*If you are making a clocked reactor, you might as well state its average eu/t for easier comparison.
    Edit: under 8 eu/tick? That's pretty darn low ... Might as well use solars? :S

• Thanks for your advice. What i am trying to do here is to learn about what setups have the higest ℝEU/tick. I am just going to list all of my reactors with the calculations done. I am posting them here so that anyone interested in this can use this data for their research on this topic.

• Mmm, the guys that calculates win in the end. The only reason I do some good is because I get so bored at school I actually can try over 9000 random combinations to get the best :D