I do not Understand Nuclear Reactors

• I have four reactors with this design:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1n10101001501521s1r01r10

It says it is supposed to be generating 640 EU/t but I am measuring 7-20 with the EU-reader. Is there something I am missing? It is a CASUC Reactor as well so no cooldown period.
    The energy runs through 4xINS HV Cable into a bunch of MFSU's, although I have measured when it leaves the reactor and right before it enters the MFSU.

Edit: More information

• I have four reactors with this design:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1n10101001501521s1r01r10

It says it is supposed to be generating 640 EU/t but I am measuring 7-20 with the EU-reader. Is there something I am missing? It is a CASUC Reactor as well so no cooldown period.
    The energy runs through 4xINS HV Cable into a bunch of MFSU's, although I have measured when it leaves the reactor and right before it enters the MFSU.

Edit: More information

If you're only getting 7-20 EU/t out of a 640 EU/t reactor, something is wrong.

You aren't by any chance wiring the HV cable into the output (1 dot side) of the MFSUs, are you?
    [Also, a packet of 640 is big enough to make a MFSU explode, I suggest using a HVT as a buffer, just for added safety]

Is the redstone wire for your timers accidentally powering your reactor? (preventing it from turning on? ... I know I had that happen when I wired up my last test reactor)

• I am measuring 7-20 EU right at where the wire connects to the Reactor, also I can see the smoke on the top of the reactor.
    Here is my world:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?j3cvikucc7n9l4z

You will need Redpower2 pre3b, IC2, and Wireless Redstone.

Ya, I didn't install wireless redstone... so I couldn't prevent the reactors from exploding. [A word of advice, turn off exploding reactors before uploading worlds :)]
    2) Looking at the remains, I'm thinking it has something to do with this:
    :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit:
    :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable:

(where :Cable: = HV cable) 4-way intersections are not good and you have... a LOT of them there...
    would work just fine, or you could use the painter to color the wires so they don't all connect to eachother:
    :Uranium Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Uranium Ingot:
    :Uranium Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Uranium Ingot:
    :Uranium Ingot: and :Copper Ingot: = differently painted HV cables.

But seriously, I would drop the voltage down with an HVT then run glass fiber cable :Glass Fibre: (since it only has a loss of 1 EU over 40 distance, vs 1 every 2 blocks (or well 1.25 blocks.. )
    I don't know how long those HV cables are, but that might be where a lot of your loss comes from.

• Depends glassfiber is more expensive through if you got a advanced world it wont be any problem.

Those are MFSUs pictured, and that was just a small sampling of what was there :P there were rows and rows of the things.... I think he can afford a few diamonds (in comparison) for the glassfiber :)