Suggestion: Survalence Camera

• Surveillance

Camera

You would place this block and using another block be able to see whats in front of the camera. (I realize this would be very hard to code.) You could place them throughout your base in SMP and they would let you see if someone is coming into your base to attack.

• Official Post

Although this is a neat idea, there would most likely be a lot of issues with lagging out a server from multiple players using these (Since each screen has to render what the camera "sees" every tick update, unless nothing changes) at the same time. If the CCTV mod ever creates a working SMP version that is relatively lag free, this may be a possibility (I am neither confirming nor denying the addition of this into any form of Industrialcraft, I'm just looking at this from a coder's point of view).

• This doesn't must be lag spiking idea. Just add these things to server, and run this just client side. For example. Camera block A is connected to screen B.
    Server store info just about that, they are connected, nothing else! Clients render every tick of this, simple, and lagless.