Support Request: The sound crash (usual fixes not working!)

• I am fighting against IC2's crash that causes a black screen before the main menu loads that is caused by enabling sounds without the proper fixes. When I applied the soundsystem_update, minecraft started getting the crash even when sounds were turned off! I made sure the version was the newest one, since im using IC2 v1.23
    The things I have installed in my .minecraft, in order are:
    IC2 and the mods it directly depends on(installed following the wiki's instructions to the letter)
    Portalgun(worked without incident previously)
    Recipe Book(not start of crash)
    Risugami's audiomod(for portalgun mod)
    Soundsystem_update(when crashes started)

Ive looked up others posts about the same crash, followed their fixes, and still not getting anything. I even tried hand picking out the files from the soundsystem_update and audio mod. Failure. Thank Notch I recently set up a backup of a working version, but now I still have no sound.

• First, try disabling sounds in your .minecarft/config/IC2.c... whatever it was file.

Second, in more general terms, check that you have the latest versions that will work with 1.8.1 of everything.

Third, from what I hear (on www.industrial-craft.net ) IC 1.337 is almost out...