Suggestion: MAC-Assisted Driller.

• The MAC-assisted Driller. (Magnetically Accelerated Cannon, for those illiterates out there with no Halo/practical experience. Basically a super-sized railgun.) Capable of firing a single round down a tunnel at break-neck speeds, however it can only dig through about 6 blocks deep, 3x3 square, before it breaks apart. Power required, and a single Super-alloy MAC round required. The envy of all your friends, this cannon only fires as far as Minecraft can render chunks, making it almost completely necessary to move it to continue tunnel extractions.

Idea of appearance: main entity block, 2 block "Barrel" facing one direction. cannot be rotated, can be used to blast a mob's face to kafloo-ey.

Idea for Recipe:

MMI
    CCL
    MMI

M = Magnet-happy item, possibly from a new machine or mineable.
    I = Super-alloy, to keep the cannon from blowing itself to pieces.
    C = Energy Crystal, Charged, just for funsies.
    L = Lapatron Crystal, for main power storage.

C
    M

C=MAC
    M = Minecart

^-- possible moving platform, remotely charged by Lapo's, but only breaks through 1 layer at a time. (still 3x3)
    Cannot be pushed by player off a rail.

Extra Warning: Possible risk of self-detonation from Magnetic coils so close to large power source without proper insulation. :)

MAC Round Recipe:

_AA
    AA_
    _AA

A=Alloy
    _ = nada

Produces 4 MAC Rounds.

Alt Round Recipe (In the intrest of balancing issues)

_SS
    SS_
    _SS

S=SmoothStone
    _ = nada

Alt Round can be used for a 2-deep on a stationary cannon, 1-deep for moving platform.

Produces 2 Light MAC Bullets

• While a cool idea I agree with fean on this one, IC isnt really all that much of a warfare mod or even really all that combat related. if u want something that does plenty of damage just use the new shotgun mode of the mining laser or make a nuke cannon.

MAC-Assisted DRILLER
    It's not a weapon, it's a super-driller. o.o

The ability to blast mobs is totally side-of-the-lane business. XD

• reading the blog post about the mining laser changes if I understand right it will have the ability to fire a 5x5 of mining laser shots which means perfect tunneling to me so I don't see why need another item to do roughly the same thing but with more hassle.