You're worst nether portal?

• I started another world recently, eventually got to the point where I needed glowstone, and decided to build a nether portal. I jumped inside, and discovered myself inside a small hole in the netherrack, barely large enough to breath in. I spent quite some time trying to reach the nether's open areas, but to no avail.

Any other times of weird nether spawns?

• At the beginning of my current world I built a portal in the basement of my base... went through , collected what I needed and went to head home.

...but when I came out of the portal I wasn't in my basement anymore. Apparently the first portal was in a location that it had to move the corresponding portal a good distance away to be able to build a matching Nether-side portal, then when I came back through it had to make a third portal (2nd in the normal).

At the time I had no idea where I was, not having explored there before, and had no idea where home was. It didn't help that it was night and I figured the dark would make it easier to see distant torches. So I set off, but to make a long story short- I now know where there is a skele spawner right at surface level... with a hole in the ground right above it...

... which reminds me that I need to build a new portal that isn't right above bedrock level...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• I had some bad time like that
    but my one was a bit funny, I jumped through my portal and i was standing on a obsidian platform over some lava

this guy needs clicks to survive, please help him get through the young ages.