Tutorial: Industrial Agriculture*WIP*

• i will update this tutorial as i experiment and learn from it and the feed back from this post but any ways here i go and please forgive the grammar

First off well start with a nice and simple breeding station to do your experiments in these following images are of my usualy setup when i first start a new world and want to start breeding again

the side

the water to keep everything moist

the inside where you walk around and plant stands

another view to help you understand its layout

finely the added fence to keep out animals

this is one of many layouts you can use but is one i find helpful for the mass breeding most of us do to try and get better strains to make better plants tho it also is nice for slowly farming whatever you plant thereand eventualy breed there

so now you see this layout and your wondering WTF do i do with that well we make crop sticks which i will post pictures of the recipe soon tho its simply 2 sticks on the left 2 on the right but anyways one you have those you do this

on the ends are a single crop stick each in the middle is 2 stacked on each other now you can plant anything you want on either side *within reason also see Here For raGans fairly good compilation of what we know about IC2 Agriculture*
    once you have planted your plants sitback and WATCH them grow im not kidding watch them cuz there a nasty evil troll called weeds that sometimes spawns in empty crop sticks or breeding sticks *crop stick laid down twice* basicaly tho once something besides a weed has grown you can mess around till its matured harvest it or pick it in other words take all the plant and maybe get a seedbag thet could have different stats or harvest it for however many of its drops but the plant stays and starts growing again

OK so now you know that hmm well with that you can take your first steps towards breeding plants now lets say you want your stuff to grow faster or you want to grow one of the exotic plants well for this youll need hydration and fertilizer ok sounds easy we got water buckets ingame and bone meal COOLIESSS!!!!! OMG that is the wrong answer tho water buckets break our crops and while bone meal works theres gota be a better way, Enter Hydration cells and fertilizer now you got the names lets get to the recipes now you make a water tin toss it in the extractor 1 and then when its done toss the cooling cell you got back in when it comes back out youll have a nice multi use hydration canister *for now hydration is touchy you click a crop one it get hydrated you click it again it gets dehydrated*now onto fertilizer well bonemeal kinda works be like i said theres gota be a better way so lets try throwing some scrap with some bonemeal and sweet wee got some fertilizer ok that was simple but i want more well maybe ill add twice as much scrap to some of my new fertilizer and see what happens WoW i got more fertilizer ok i think we got this part now onto the next piece

ok untill i finish my video tutorials or find something to add ill leave this as it is for a little while hope it showed you something new

now im gonna leave this here for right now while i work some more and setup more and prepare to add more structure and content to this tutorial i know so far its not much but im slowly building it to teach people ways to do things

accepting clips to add to the tutorial with recognition and any ideas on a rewrite
    looking for a good way to post recipes

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• noob mistakes

walking on crops *walking on crops = bad altho like the sneaky ninja's we are Sneaking over crops = Good*
    not building something to keep animal off crops *they trample your crops*
    not watching for weeds *this one can destroy entire farms permitting poor design aswell as neglect when breedingor having empty crop sticks*
    complaining they cant get any new plants *if you keep getting the same results over and over again try breeding something different*
    boxing in crops*crops count the 8 surrounding blocks and 15 up for air quality the 15 is easy to get the 8 surrounding tho you can only get 6 at most for breeding cuz of the 2 plants need to breed but air quality affects growth rate*
    picking crops before there mature *unmature plants have a much lower chance of droping seeds and drop no item besides the rare bag*
    complaining they lost there brand new never before seen plant *because they picked it trying for a seed instead of trying to breed more*
    over hydrating *1 click hydrates second click removes hydration for now waiting on al to fix*
    trying to hydrate plants with a bucket of water

things noobs get right

watching crops is a pain *suck it up its fun and the new plants drop useful stuff*
    this crap is so complicated no one understands it*half right here must dont have a clue and the other half are still working on figuring out the basics*
    since i can fertalize my crops it must make them better so i must do it* well guess wat there right in more ways then one*

well i will expand on this more later dont take this as hate im all up in IC2 agriculture but im still a noob XD

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• reserved incase i need it may be deleted if i decide to shorten the tutorial