Bug: Jetpack Hover

• (I am hoping the electric jetpack works as intended, otherwise I have to complain)
    When you activate hover mode for the electric jetpack, while spacebar is down, you go up slowly, and when let go, you fall slowly.
    When you activate hover mode for the fuel jetpack, while spacebar is down, you fall slowly, and when let go, you fall at normal speed.

I think they are supposed to work similarly, and using the first one's control scheme.

• Official Post

Nope, this is fully intended.

Fuel Jetpack: Big storage, high trusting, less additional functions = Meant for long range travel, hover mode is for landing.

Electric Jetpack: Small storage, high forwards speed, intelligent hover mode = Space is up, not space is down, perfect for cave exploration without worrying about fall damage at all.

• Nope, this is fully intended.

Fuel Jetpack: Big storage, high trusting, less additional functions = Meant for long range travel, hover mode is for landing.

Electric Jetpack: Small storage, high forwards speed, intelligent hover mode = Space is up, not space is down, perfect for cave exploration without worrying about fall damage at all.

Ah, ok. it looked like a bug to me. I must have miscommunicated on how the space-bar interacted with the electric jet-pack, because If you hold it, you go up, while if you let go, you go down.
    Also, would you rename the toggle for the fuel jet-pack to *land mode* so as to not confuse people?

For the jetpack, can you make it fall when the button is NOT held down? Not fly while it is held on hover, but fall when it is held down?

• For me that sentence doesn't make any sense. Mind reformulating it to make it more simple to understand?

Sorry, i was in a bit of a hurry. let me try again.

With the fuel based jetpack, If you activate Hover mode, I would like you to fall at the slower rate UNLESS you hold down the spacebar. Basically, reverse of what currently occurs.

• Official Post

Sorry, i was in a bit of a hurry. let me try again.

With the fuel based jetpack, If you activate Hover mode, I would like you to fall at the slower rate UNLESS you hold down the spacebar. Basically, reverse of what currently occurs.

Hmmmm... that isn't entirely off. But i will leave it as it is. The normal jetpack does not have any advanced electronics and will not do anything, unless you click a button :P Consider it a challenging feature.