balance help "MFFS reactor heat control"

• hi ,

in ModularForceFieldSystem Version Bet a6pre2_1 ++ I've added a new module "MFFS reactor heat control"..
    makes it possible to cool the reactor or heat when it is protected by a force field.
    need you help to balances...

I planned:

ICE - 100 heat
    IC2 (WaterCell) Reaktor Heat - 50 heat
    IC2(LaveCell) Reaktor Heat + 100 heat

The module itself has 9 slots... max Stack per Slot 64...
    and you can determine the "targetheat "manually

Modi :

offline: self explaining ;)

cooler: use ICE, :Water Cell: ... to keep the temperature under "targetheat"

heater: use :Lava Cell: l ....to keep the temperature over "targetheat"

balance: use :Water Cell: , :Lava Cell: ,ICE,... to heat stable at the "targetheat " + / 100

your ideas, suggestions ??

MFG Thunderdark

• never tried it before, i have an 1820 casuc already (and dont feel like going higher) but since it is minecraft....build what you like.... i might try it! hey ho lets go. il take an look at it

edit: i see, i knew about this mod just never tried it before. adding the nuclear control part got me interested. thanx for developing. il post any bugs in your main thread.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• small suggestion thou, the ice and water cells seem under powered.

true, you sacrifice protection over efficiency. but its an bit... to les :P

i suggest ice : -150
    water : -100
    lava (here we go) : +1000 heat

the reasoning behind the suggestions:

the ice, wel. normal ice blocks cool for 300 heat each. concidering an normal CASUC reactor is good, but when an system error apears, there is an massive crater.
    sacrificing 50% effective cooling for 100% protection (+ some EU) seems fair to me

the water, normal buckets cool for 200 each, you sacrifice 50% efficiency for protection, any more seems under powered since this also consumes the cells themself if i am not mistaking (consumes tin) which is in fact. equal to iron. thus seems verry expensive, and not an good option for serious reactors (only verry cheap ones)
    so, water. seems to me verry verry expensive coolant, (i might suggest an refund of the tin cells to balance it, if thats posible ofc) if it isnt, i suggest the total coolant should be alot higher then 200 ea, (i suggest 700-1000 ea, whatever suits you best)

the lava, wel wel. expensive isnt it? +50 heat for 1 lava.... i could just drop in an bucket of lava and get +2000 WHOPA!
    i suggest making it +1000, also same story as the water cells. consumes tin. fucks up balance, i might say, make it more efficient then normal buckets. since it is more expensive on lava consumption and resource consumption.

over all, the efficiency of each cell should be arround 50% of the normal single use coolants - heaters. this seems an fair price for total protection..

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• how about when to values for the ICE, Water and Cell LavaCell in the conf could adapt :thumbup:

then it can be for any balance ..... i will at it in Beta6pre2_2 tomorrow and I will raise the default values

• how about when to values for the ICE, Water and Cell LavaCell in the conf could adapt :thumbup:

then it can be for any balance ..... i will at it in Beta6pre2_2 tomorrow and I will raise the default values

no, over powered. ppl can change them at wil ruining the fun of designing an nice smooth system. maybe someone else has suggestions? :P

also, the defaults i suggested seem fine to me at least, maybe not to everybody. maybe it is beter to wait for more feedback?