What am i doing wrong D:?

• I have a crossbreeding farm set up on a 9x9x3 (W,L,H) block of dirt at layer 150. im keeping it fully hydrated etc, but after 1 hour of getting weeds i started using weed-ex on the crossbreeding crops and after 3 hours of producing weeds after that i dont know what to do anymore. The location of the farm is in a swamp biome no blocks are within the radius (nothing that would block the 'air'). im using all vanilla minecraft items (mainly melons,sugarcane, and wheat). and i just want to know what im doing wrong. (I'll probably update this later incase further questions about my problem arise.)

• I have a crossbreeding farm set up on a 9x9x3 (W,L,H) block of dirt at layer 150. im keeping it fully hydrated etc, but after 1 hour of getting weeds i started using weed-ex on the crossbreeding crops and after 3 hours of producing weeds after that i dont know what to do anymore. The location of the farm is in a swamp biome no blocks are within the radius (nothing that would block the 'air'). im using all vanilla minecraft items (mainly melons,sugarcane, and wheat). and i just want to know what im doing wrong. (I'll probably update this later incase further questions about my problem arise.)

is there grass or dirt next to your crops or are there like empty crops or are there empty farmland near them?