[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Repulsion Systems

• Uploaded rev7.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Uploaded rev7.

When you updated this to rev7, it broke the installation for me.
    Whenever I load the mod, none of the items appear. The ID's are not taken, and the blocks do not show up in NEI.

In all of the previous versions, I had no problem just installing IC2, then dropping this in.
    However, even though there is no error message, the items are not there.
    I know that I could just downgrade, but I really am confused as to why I cannot just drop it into the mods folder and be done with it.

• Edit: Also, my friends and I were thinking about making a realistic version of Atlantis on our server :). Any chance of being able to extend the 32 block dome to something larger? a config option maybe? a new upgrade?

I can already imagine what will happen when the power fails :pinch:
    Hint: there's a reason why no one lives in Atlantis anymore, if it ever existed.

I am something similar to a cat.

• changelog for v7 ?

[list]
    [*]Added configurable limits to config file. maxProjectorSize controls most limits, except for tube radius and deflector distance.
    [*]Made forcefield blocks render faces that are touching other types of force fields correctly
    [*]Made block-breaker fields no longer break tile entities.
    [*]Reduced lag from large tube forcefields (by only refreshing the actual forcefield blocks and not the ones in the middle)
    [*]Added configurable refresh speed (in blocks/tick/projector) - when you have a block in the way of a forcefield, and someone breaks it,
    this affects the time it takes for the forcefield to appear where that block was.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• is it possible to change the eu power consumption of the projectors? they are currently too OP for my hardcore pvp server. thanks.

• I haven't had the opportunity to test this in-game, but has the cutter upgrade griefing been fixed yet? An inhibitor upgrade sounds like a reasonable solution (creating holes in the forcefield with inhibitors would be a non-issue if you have yours up first anyway, would it not? At the very least it's an easier problem to deal with than someone slicing your house up with a cutter upgrade.)

At the very least, a configuration option to disable cutter upgrades from functioning is needed. I love the idea, but it's currently too easy to abuse.

• Maybe having a frequency card in your hotbar (encoded with the same frequency as the core) would allow a player to pass through the forcefield (just like the Borg from Star Trek).

To avoid cases where the player dies inside the forcefield and re-spawns outside (leaving all their inventory inside), the player could keep a spare frequency card somewhere outside the field in a private chest. The player just needs to make sure there are always enough spare frequency cards in the chest.

• Unfortunately, the config file for your mod hasn't been working for me. The ModularForceFieldSystem.cfg file is generated, but it is blank. So I was unable to play, due to id conflicts. I was reading through the comments here, and saw that someone else had the same problem, and you gave them the text from the config file. I copied that into my empty one, and fixed the block id's. It stopped minecraft from crashing, but now it's like the blocks don't exist in the game.

• I haven't had the opportunity to test this in-game, but has the cutter upgrade griefing been fixed yet? An inhibitor upgrade sounds like a reasonable solution (creating holes in the forcefield with inhibitors would be a non-issue if you have yours up first anyway, would it not? At the very least it's an easier problem to deal with than someone slicing your house up with a cutter upgrade.)

At the very least, a configuration option to disable cutter upgrades from functioning is needed. I love the idea, but it's currently too easy to abuse.

• When I first installed MFFS, the game crashed due to a block ID conflict. I looked for a config file, and found that it was blank. I checked out the MFFS thread here, and found that someone else had the same problem, and that you told them to copy the config text that you had attached in your reply post. I copied that text, and fixed the ID problems, and I was able to play minecraft again. However, I was unable to craft anything except for the cards. I have no idea what is going on, do you?

• When I first installed MFFS, the game crashed due to a block ID conflict. I looked for a config file, and found that it was blank. I checked out the MFFS thread here, and found that someone else had the same problem, and that you told them to copy the config text that you had attached in your reply post. I copied that text, and fixed the ID problems, and I was able to play minecraft again. However, I was unable to craft anything except for the cards. I have no idea what is going on, do you?

Do your client and server have the same configs?

I haven't had the opportunity to test this in-game, but has the cutter upgrade griefing been fixed yet? An inhibitor upgrade sounds like a reasonable solution (creating holes in the forcefield with inhibitors would be a non-issue if you have yours up first anyway, would it not? At the very least it's an easier problem to deal with than someone slicing your house up with a cutter upgrade.)

It has not yet.

Battery snot included.

• Hi,

In the Bukkit port (mffs_rev7_for_1.2.5-bukkit.zip), the mffs.BlockForceField block is missing a corresponding org.bukkit.Material enum field (i.e., Material.X210). The block is correctly present in net.minecraft.server but not in Bukkit, which will cause NPEs with plugins that interact with this block. I had the same problem in a couple of my ports; fix is easy: just call registerBlock() on the server.

• Rev8 changes - no gameplay changes, just a few bugfixes.

• Required clients to have the mod installed if the server does.
    • Registered block properly on Bukkit.

Battery snot included.

Edited once, last by immibis ().

• Rev9 uploaded.

• Added inhibitor upgrade. Still unfinished and uncraftable. Only works on area projectors so far. Will cause freezes and out-of-memory crashes on large forcefields when they are activated, so you shouldn't use it yet! Prevents any forcefields from other cores activated after the inhibitor forcefield from working inside its area.
    • Fixed players being able to crash the server with a ClassCastException (the reason this update is out before I finished the inhibitor upgrade)
    • Removed a debug message

Edit: I think I broke holes made by tubes, so here's the rev8 server again in case you want it. (The client is still attached to the OP)
    Edit 2: No I didn't, I just derped at testing and used two fields from different generators.

• I'm glad to see you're implementing inhibitors. :)

Are you thinking of also making a way to make temporary holes in a force field? That way we can legitimately get through our force fields without having to turn them off or teleport. (Assuming you don't leave a hole for anyone to get through.) A possible option is making right clicking with a tuned chip in hand destroys nearby forcefield blocks that are on the same freq.

Also, as I'm sure you're aware, wrenching any MFFS block that holds chips will kill the chip, if it's not a tuned one of the right type. (Like a force field tuned chip in a monitor server/client.)

• Are you thinking of also making a way to make temporary holes in a force field? That way we can legitimately get through our force fields without having to turn them off or teleport. (Assuming you don't leave a hole for anyone to get through.) A possible option is making right clicking with a tuned chip in hand destroys nearby forcefield blocks that are on the same freq.

Tube force fields do this to any force field on the same frequency that was activated before them

• Revision 10 changes:

• Made forcefields instantly break boats that are stuck in them (Fixes an exploit). With a zapper upgrade, they will also break boats that touch them.
    • Internal changes to allow large forcefields to have inhibitor upgrades without lagging.
    • Fixed vertical tube projectors in "front" mode (If they were even broken before)
    • Added a cooldown to field activation and deactivation to prevent spam. It takes about 1 tick per 40 force field blocks. A cube with a radius of 16 will take about 8 seconds. Adjustable by cooldownBlocksPerTick in the config.
    • Removed recipe for remote reactor link, since it didn't even do anything.
    • Removed ID-tool mode of MFD, since it was useless. If you have one, you can still craft it back to wrench mode. Crafting a wrench-mode MFD now switches it to...
    • Offset mode. Right click on any side of a projector to shift the entire field in that direction. Sneak to shift in opposite direction. Works on all fields.
    • Added recipe for the inhibitor upgrade (machine block + 4 carbon plates)
    • Allowed wiring directly to cores.
    • Disabled recipe for EU injector.
    • Cores accept energy in complete packets, so no more increased cable losses.
    • Cores will not use any EU's if that would waste energy (if there's <10 FP missing)
    • Projectors now drop their contents when broken (but not reactor monitors and camouflage upgrades)
    • Frequency cards (all types) can be crafted by themselves to reset them.

Battery snot included.