nuclear reactor (MK I-O) generating 120 EU/t

• I know there may be better MK I reactors but still i want to share this one with everyone

Reactor 1

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…g13nbkhpcwoowoj0hjwzjqio0

(i think you know what to do with the link)

some numbers

Active EU/t : 120
    Effective EU/t : 119,6
    Output EU : 24.000.000
    Total EU : 24.000.000
    External cooling : 33
    Internal cooling : 24
    Heat generated : 56
    Excess cooling 1

NOTE : MUST BE SURROUNDED BY WATER (tip : use immibis forcefields ;) )

Reactor 2 :

this one does not require to be completely surrounded by water
    5 waterblocks are more than enough

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…4k8ylpu58x2rh5l80yyo97i0w

EU/t : 100
    Effective EU/t : 99.7
    Output EU : 20.000.000
    Total EU : 20.000.000
    External cooling : 18
    Internal cooling : 26
    Heat generated : 44
    Excess heating : 0

if you want to automate these reactors use redpower or buildcraft but i am sure you knew that already

also if someone finds a way to improve these designs or knows better MK I designs
    please post it in this post or pm me and i will post it and ofcourse give you the credits for the disign

• Both of these are low-efficiency generators -- you're only getting 10 EU/t from each lone uranium cell, and 20 EU/t from the two linked ones in the first nuke. The problem with that is that you're massively wasting uranium, which has the potential to give you up to 50 EU/t from a single cell (surrounded by four others), just to keep from dealing with the cooling requirements (130 heat generated per cycle).

It's much better to build multiple high-efficiency reactors than one low-efficiency one, since your uranium gets closer to producing those ideal amounts of power from each cell. Look at Rick's thread of excellent reactor designs, for instance -- two of his 70 EU/t reactors will output more than either of your reactors, and will only need six uranium cells in total, where you're using 10 for each!

Considering the one-time cost of building the reactor is amortized over time and approaches zero, the only real cost of nuclear engineering is how much uranium you put in over time, and with Rick's designs you're getting more power for less uranium.

• I measure fail level of reactor designs like this by amount of heating plates that can be removed, without touching anything else, so reactor will still works exactly same.
    8 of 17. Ouch. not a record by far, though.

• I measure fail level of reactor designs like this by amount of heating plates that can be removed, without touching anything else, so reactor will still works exactly same.
    8 of 17. Ouch. not a record by far, though.

Strange, I was able to find 18 HDs and remove 9 of them. http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…g13nbkhtogcnma96xe75d569s

I also keep posting this one. It has highest effective EU i have seen on Mark I and is in my opinion brilliant design, if uranium is not the problem.

• i know you can delete a few of the heating plates that's because the reactors are tested with buildcraft and/or redpower and i had to fill op the remaining gaps with heating plates and i forgot to delete those items sorry about that i will edit the designs now