!! ATLANTIS FACTIONS SERVER !!
A BRAND NEW FACTIONS SERVER FROM THE PEOPLE BROUGHT YOU GULTS GORGE!
Atlantis is a Faction Server Meaning it is a WAR server there are minimal rules which you will find in the Rules section, this is a brand new concept for us and Gult Gorge so please be patient as we grow.
Requires Minecraft forge and the following mods:
Industial Craft 2 and Redpower are its core (with Quantum Armor and Mining Laser Disabled)
Equivelent Exchange (modified removed Condensor and Devining Rod):
Balkon's Weapon Mod:
MOST USE THE ALL WEAPONS PROPERTIES FILES INCLUDED IN MOD PACK OR CAN BE FOUND ON THE SITE IN THE PROPERTY FILE PACK.
(Noteworthy Plugins: Creative Gates, MCMMO, FACTIONS, Worldguard, Worldedit, we will also be using A few greif protections mods like logblock)
The essentials for this server are 3 plugins you should get to know:
Here is the basics:
Relations, Territory and War
The factions on the server have relations to each other. They can be ally, neutral or enemy. You choose your wished relation to another faction through a chat command.
If both factions wishes ally you will be allies.
If one faction wishes enemy you will be enemies.
You can never hurt members or allies (friendly fire is always off).
You can not hurt neutrals in their own territory.
You can always hurt enemies and players without faction.
Damage from enemies is reduced by a certain percentage in your own territory.
Only faction members can build and destroy in their own territory. Interaction with the following items is also restricted by default: Wooden Door, Trapdoor, Chest, Furnace, Dispenser, and Diode. Make sure to put pressure plates in front of doors for your guest visitors. Otherwise they can’t get through. You can also use this to create member only areas. As dispensers are protected you can create traps without worrying about those arrows getting stolen.
Every player has “power”. The power can at most be 10 and at least be -10. If you die you lose 2 power. Note that it doesn’t matter at all how you die. You can be killed by an enemy or drown in sand. In either case you will lose 2 power. The power will be restored over time, but only while the player is online; while offline, their power will not regenerate. It takes 5 min for 1 power to be restored while online. You will also lose 1 power for every 24 hours offline. Note that these values are all just the defaults, and can be changed as desired.
The power of a faction is the sum of all member power. Every power grants the faction right to claim one land/chunk. You can claim land from a faction if it has to low power.
A faction with two healthy players, MrApe and MrCow, had a faction named SuperAnimals. The faction SuperAnimals had 20 power. This was because the members had 10 power each and 10+10 is 20. They claimed as much territory as they could (20 minecraft chunks that is). Then MrApe went and drowned in lava. As MrApe died he lost 2 power. After that he had only 8 / 10 power and the faction SuperAnimals had 18 power as 8 + 10 = 18. At this time SuperAnimals had more land than they could handle (20/18). Then their enemy Bulldozer took the chance to claim some of their land. He managed to claim 2 chunks at the border of their territory. Then he could not claim more as SuperAnimals now had (18/18) land.
Note that if you claim land from another faction you must start at the border of their territory.
The server admins can create safe zones. These zones can not be claimed by other factions. PVP is turned off and monsters may not spawn or hurt players there.
Server admins can also create war zones, somewhat similar to safe zones. These zones however are not safe from PVP and monsters. Further, they can be configured to have friendly fire enabled (PVP between allies and faction members) and can be configured to have power loss disabled in them.
Individual Ownership of Territory
For territory that has been claimed by a faction, the faction admin (and possibly faction moderators) can further specify ownership of any claimed territory to anyone within the faction using the /f owner *[player name] command. This ownership will limit access to the territory to only those in the owner list, along with the faction admin and faction moderators. In general, these owned areas will extend the same protections which faction territory provides against those not in the faction to also protect against normal members of your own faction.
This can be used to provide private ownership of particular areas, or to provide a storage area for the faction admin and moderators which is safe against in-faction griefers.
There is a special “peaceful” status which can be set for any faction by server admins / moderators using /f peaceful [faction tag]. Members of peaceful factions cannot deal or receive PvP damage (unless in a war zone which has friendly fire enabled), cannot claim land from another faction and likewise can’t have their land claimed, and cannot be considered as ally or enemy of any other faction. Faction admins and moderators of peaceful factions can enable/disable all explosions inside their faction’s territory at will using /f noboom. The main purpose of this “peaceful factions” is to provide a way for more peaceful players who don’t want to take part in faction wars (or just want to take a break from them) to still have fun on the server. It is also meant to allow groups of players to make protected buildings, monuments, grand constructions, and so forth without having to worry about another faction destroying them.
LOGON TO SERVER: MC.GULTSGORGE.COM:25550
1. Do not grief. Stealing from, sabotaging, or destroying the base of an enemy faction is not griefing, it is war.
2. Flooding another factions base with lava, water, or TNT is not allowed. You can use it, just don't go overboard.
3. PvP is allowed only between members of warring factions.
4. Use of additive Equivalent Exchange exploits (blaze rod maceration, etc) is banned, and banworthy. Don't do it!
5. Be civilized. Being at war with another faction is not an excuse to be an asshole to them.
6. Creative methods of stealing from protected chests or areas ARE ALLOWED, provided you are at war with their faction.
7. No "army of one". If you are not a member of a faction, you may not steal or PvP. If you wanna play with the big boys, join them.
8. Spawncamping members of enemy factions is not allowed. You wouldn't like it if they did it to you, either.
9. Use of exploits, cheats, glitches, or hacks (x-ray texture packs, full-bright, etc.) is not allowed, and violaters are treated harshly.
10. Forcing people outside of the protected spawn region is not allowed. Wait for them to leave, then kill them!
11. Do not sabotage machinery in any way that causes excessive strain on the server. No feedback loops, etc.
12. Setting devilish traps in your base to kill invaders in grisly ways is not only allowed, but encouraged.
If you are in someone's base and get killed by one of these traps, even if you aren't at war with them, it's your fault.
13. Factions must be in good taste. If you create a faction based on any sort of hate group, you will be AGC banned immediately.
14. All machines must be turned off if no members of your faction are online. Defense systems are an exception.
15. Water may not be used for item collection.
16. Use common sense. If you find something that seems overpowered, it probably is. Let us know so we can keep it fun for everyone.
17. Admins and moderators have the final say in all issues, and may make interpretations of the rules as necessary.
PLEASE SEE THE FORUM FOR ADDITIONAL MOD INFORMATION