Decentralized Distribution of Steam (DDoS)

• This is an awesome idea, and it makes high-output reactors possible without having to let the reactor cooldown every 5 seconds orso.
    Only one thing - I need an automatic way to remove/replace the cooling cells with the use of Gregtech machines. What machine(s) can do this and how would I set the machine(s) up to do this properly?
    Thank you.

• keep murphys law in mind,
    i would still shut off the reactor when you swap cells
    also keep the reactor loaded with wordloader.

gregtechs mod has some advanced regulators and buffer that let you put the cell in a pattern, i think.

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• keep murphys law in mind,
    i would still shut off the reactor when you swap cells
    also keep the reactor loaded with wordloader.

gregtechs mod has some advanced regulators and buffer that let you put the cell in a pattern, i think.

I have found the machines that I need, only one problem - I need a way to ''time'' the actions of the translocators/buffers, and shut-off the reactor during the actions.

• I have a better idea. Why not use some form of redstone-timer, to wait and allow a reactor to run (heating up the coolant cells), then turns it off before they melt, and lets enough power flow into the gregtech machines to remove and replace the cells.
    Only problem is, there is no way to remove excess power from the item-moving machines. It would be very difficult, if even possible, to time a splitter cable properly to allow only enough power to flow into the machines to execute the task and prevent, for example, fresh cells from being removed from the reactor after replacing overheated ones.
    Any other ideas, anyone?

• Any other ideas, anyone?

The Advanced Translocator filter inludes the damage value. So it is only extracting if the cooling cell is hot enough.

Test Setup:

From left to right:
    -Large Buffer mit Cooling cells
    -Testreactor
    -Translocator extracting hot cooling cells

-cooling reactor
    -and translocator extracting cool cells and a row of small buffers back to the large buffer

Problem:
    To much heat generatet (Plutonium) will leapfrog the filter setting

To many coolant cells reaching the damage value at the same -> not all get extracted

• That's it! I never noticed that Advanced Translocators had the option of damage value. Now, I shall go forth to build a reactor with this design! Thank you!
    Also, what's the approx. damage value of a 100% cool cell and a nearly-melted cell?

• a 100% cool cell has no damage value. as for the nearly melted one, you will have to run a cycle for the amount of time you plan for your microcycles to be, and read it off of those cells.

• a 100% cool cell has no damage value. as for the nearly melted one, you will have to run a cycle for the amount of time you plan for your microcycles to be, and read it off of those cells.

Yep, I have almost got it working. Only problem is, the advanced translocator is not removing the coolant cells and replacing them, because they keep skipping the damage values of what it is told to remove from the reactor. If only there was a way to ensure the removal of the coolant cells at the exact time they should be removed...

• I use RP2.

Filters and Retrievers only look to see if the items have a damage value, not what that precise value is. So I have eight damaged cells in my Filter, and eight non-damaged cells in my Retriever. It pulses both simultaneously, via redpower bundled cable and colored insulated red alloy wire.

I wrote a ComputerCraft program to run the whole thing. It uses rp.setBundledOutput for most of the functions. While it is running, it sets the output for the color attached to the reactor itself as 'on' for one cycle. Then it turns it off, pulses the filter and retriever once, waits for a redstone signal from the item detector to make SURE they are actually IN the reactor, then turns itself back on. It generally takes all of about two seconds.

• I use RP2.

Filters and Retrievers only look to see if the items have a damage value, not what that precise value is. So I have eight damaged cells in my Filter, and eight non-damaged cells in my Retriever. It pulses both simultaneously, via redpower bundled cable and colored insulated red alloy wire.

I wrote a ComputerCraft program to run the whole thing. It uses rp.setBundledOutput for most of the functions. While it is running, it sets the output for the color attached to the reactor itself as 'on' for one cycle. Then it turns it off, pulses the filter and retriever once, waits for a redstone signal from the item detector to make SURE they are actually IN the reactor, then turns itself back on. It generally takes all of about two seconds.

Okay, that's awesome. Now do something kind and give the community a link to where we can download RP2 for Minecraft v1.4.5, if you don't mind.

• Or you could use the dev version which is for 1.4.6. Redpower usually does end up being the best transport method for this, mainly due to the sorting machines. you would want to be using redpower logic anyway for the timing (computercraft doesn't work, since the timer resets when the server restarts)

• Or you could use the dev version which is for 1.4.6. Redpower usually does end up being the best transport method for this, mainly due to the sorting machines. you would want to be using redpower logic anyway for the timing (computercraft doesn't work, since the timer resets when the server restarts)

Then I will go ahead and update all 29 mods that I have...

• Okay, that's awesome. Now do something kind and give the community a link to where we can download RP2 for Minecraft v1.4.5, if you don't mind.

There is no RedPower for 1.4.5 as far as I know, but for 1.4.6 (also works for 1.4.7) you should look at the official blog of Eloraam.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Has the speed of the cooling towers been reduced? A test tower seems to average at around 3h/tic, rather than the expected 12.

Not to my knowledge. It cools four heat per adjacent component heat vent. So you should be cooling 12-16 heat per second, depending on where in the cooling tower it is currently residing.

There's another version which can cool off quite a bit more, but it requires a stack or so of gold.

• Odd. Going by the durability, which I assume is the heat level, 4 adjacent component heat vents only cools by 3 per reactor tick, occasionally dropping to 2. Using 3 drops to a constant 2 etc etc. Or I'm doing something terribly wrong!

Edit: May have been calculating it incorrectly, as I was originally looking at the durability of 60k cells. Using a 10k cell, the heat is reduced by 4 for every adjacent component heat vent.

• I would just like to mention I tried building one of these myself, following the guide in the video on page 2. It worked perfectly, except when it came to putting the cells back in the reactor. Using the redstone setup in the video, the reactor came back on before all the fresh cells had been replaced in the reactor (i.e. they were still travelling through the pipes when the reactor came on). How can I make it so there is a longer delay before the reactor turns back on?

• I would just like to mention I tried building one of these myself, following the guide in the video on page 2. It worked perfectly, except when it came to putting the cells back in the reactor. Using the redstone setup in the video, the reactor came back on before all the fresh cells had been replaced in the reactor (i.e. they were still travelling through the pipes when the reactor came on). How can I make it so there is a longer delay before the reactor turns back on?

Well, there's actually several ways to go about doing this, depending on how simple or complex you wish to go.

If you *really* want to be safe, you can use an in-line Item Detector attached to the Retriever pulling items into the reactor. This, in turn, is hooked up to a counter. As items go through the Item Detector, it pulses the Counter. Once all of the cooling cells have passed through, the counter lights up the AND gate to turn the reactor back on. That way, no matter how slow they take, it won't turn on until all the cooling cells are in the reactor.

Also, that reactor design is an outdated version. A more up-to-date version is found here. An updated cooling tower is found here with a 60 cooling per coolant cell (five times better than the old version). This means you will need a total of six such cooing towers, at a 175 second micro-cycle, to keep up with the heat.

• If you *really* want to be safe, you can use an in-line Item Detector attached to the Retriever pulling items into the reactor. This, in turn, is hooked up to a counter. As items go through the Item Detector, it pulses the Counter. Once all of the cooling cells have passed through, the counter lights up the AND gate to turn the reactor back on. That way, no matter how slow they take, it won't turn on until all the cooling cells are in the reactor.

How exactly would I do this? I'm a noob at RP and anything redstone-related in general. Could you post a screenshot of what you mean please?

Also, just to be clear, I was only using the redstone setup, not the reactor design. I was actually using the 5440eu/t reactor (just because I can). I changed the counter seen in the vid to accomodate the extra cooling cells.