[Suggestion] More options in the config file

• Since I'm new to this forum, I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before. I've tried to see if anything like this has been suggested before, or if it's already on a to-do list, but couldn't find anything like what I'm suggesting here.

So here is a problem with IC: It's overpowered in some aspects, and I would love to be able to configure IC to get rid of this "overpowerness" that's in it.It's a great mod, but there's still things that can be added to improve the mod. I noticed in the configuration file that I could change the base values for EU generation with the different generators, and I really like being able to do that. Seeing that solar panels is used a lot, I could nerf them slightly, and buff some of the other power sources, to shift the power generation from solar to the other power sources. But there was some other things I'd like to control, but can't. And that's why I decided to make this thread.

The fact that the macerator gives twice as much as normally when processing ore is just too much, IMHO, the extractor gives a lot of resources too when used. The work speed of the induction furnace could be lowered slightly, and the speed boost with the overclockers is just too high (When stacked).
    So what do I suggest to fix this, in a way that can please everybody?

For the macerator and the extractor, there could be a random chance to give those extra drops. That would instantly nerf the machines, so that other options would be viable. But that leaves the issue, what of those who like it the way it is now, and want to double their ore and get three rubber from each resin, and one rubber from rubberwood/sapling?
    Simple, add a configuration for this in the configuration file. A value of 0 means no chance for an extra drop and no chance of rubber from wood/sapling, and 100 means 100% chance of the extra resources. Anything in between will yield a random chance of that given percent. The default value can be set to 100, and in that case nothing has changed for most people, but for those who are like me and feel the machines are too overpowered could reduce this chance for a more balanced game experience (This would especially work well together with other mods that has their own ways of processing ore).

What about the induction furnace and the overclockers? Well, a scaling variable which affects the smelting time of the items in the furnace, as well as the EU cost (Both when building heat and melting) could easily allow a more varied game experience. The same with the overclocker upgrades. But another thing that could be done with them (As well as all the other upgrades), is adding another option, which is the stack size of them. Right now you can overclock an electric furnace to work faster than the induction furnace (For the cost of an insane amount of EU, I know), but you can also do the same with an macerator. That allows you to macerate hundreds of ores in a matter of minutes, using a single machine! Now, reducing the max stack size of the upgrades would solve that, as you'd only be able to fit four stacks at the same time in a machine. That combined with the other options, the scaling of the energy use and overclocking speed will allow a much better balance of the mod.

There's also a final thing I'd like, and that is adding a configuration option for disabling the crafting of nano- and/or quantumarmor, as well as the nanosaber. I feel that these are just ridiculously overpowered compared to Minecraft. "Why not just not craft them?" I hear someone say. Just because I wouldn't use one, doesn't mean nobody wants to use it, and since I would like to have a balanced game experience, these armors would have to be disabled in order to obtain that balance. The armors are simply overpowered, there's not much point in denying that. Virtually immortality for almost no EU cost at all, except for the crafting costs. If everyone had one, no one would die, ever. And if there's no risk involved in a game, the fun can quickly go away.

Of course, there's still many more options that can be added to allow even more variety with this mod, but one place you have to draw a line. I'd consider these some of the most important things to have a config option for, especially the macerator. That machine is what drives the speed of the game, especially the games I've seen (When EE2 isn't available, that is. But everyone knows that EE2 is horribly OP).

Much of what I've mentioned here is mostly personal preferences, and many will probably disagree with what I'd say is a more fair balance, but still. Allowing people to configure things the way they want it would be a great addition to this already amazing mod.

TL;DR: Need more options in the configuration file to change IC to suit YOUR own playstyle!

• Hehe, well, I suggested this already but worded myself so poorly it was generally received as a different suggestion. Welcome to the Forums!

I definitely think the config file could use many more options!

• Is this a suggestion or a complaint?
    I do agree to the option for the config, but I think that the machines are just fine on how they are but I would like to see more options in the config area

• I've dug a bit deeper and seen some similar threads, but not sure if they went anywhere... Seems to be that people generally would like to see a more powerful config fig. Anyway, the general idea I had was to get more options into the config file, so that everyone can play the way they want to. If the way I worded myself sounds like I'm complaining, that wasn't my intention.

As everyone plays the game slightly different from each other, tweaking the minor things to suit each and ever ones playstyle would really be a great addition, but there's not much more I can say here without repeating myself... The machines are fine the way they are now, but that's it. Some could use a nerf, some a buff, and that's exactly why the config file can be so handy, if we could be allowed to use it to it's full potential.

Quarry as in "Buildcraft quarry"? I don't think that kind of mod interaction is desirable/possible.

He meant iC2's miner actually.