Suggestion: Tesla Coil Changes

• Tesla Coil Changes

Description: Changing the way Tesla Coils look and function in IndustrialCraft²

I suggest splitting up the tesla coil into two blocks. The capacitor and the coil itself. When the coil is placed on the capacitor (any side) it would become the fully working tesla coil. It would have an internal storage of 5000 EU and would have an interface for being powered by mobile EU storage devices. It would drain a minimum of 2500 EU per firing. Similar to how it is now, it would need a redstone signal on the capacitor block before it would fire. The coil would only affect blocks on the side it is facing in a 9x9 cube, if you want it to fire on the other side you'll need a second coil (maybe placed on the same capacitor?)

The main advantages in splitting up the block are mostly aesthetic. Hiding the wires and redstone (especially with RedPower) would be much easier if you place the capacitor part underground/in a wall. The texture and model could be changed to look more like a tesla coil. The capacitor part doesn't necessarily need to be separate from a bat-box/MFE/MFSU, but I just think it would look nicer as some sort of multi-block.

Here are some mock up images with iron bars and machine blocks.

• This is a great idea, especially with the new nuclear reactor rework using iron bars more. Perhaps you could even do something so that if there is a tesla coil next to the iron bars, it will shape itself more like a coil.

• I don't see the point: why would it be better than a single block ? To me, Tesla Coil is not that ugly ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!