How to get the "20" water block count for reactor designs?

• I'm having trouble figuring out how to maximize cooling on my reactors, and all the planners build around having 20 water blocks in the external world surrounding the reactors for cooling, but I simply cannot figure out how to get that many...

Assuming I put a block touching every face of the reactor chambers such that nothing is visible at all, that's still only 18 blocks. Where are the extra 2 faces to put water against? And how can you get 20 and still have room for a cable to get electricity out and, hopefully, redstone to be able to shut the reactor down?

Can anyone provide a picture or diagram of sorts so I can see how to properly do this?

Thanks!

• You need to see the reactors with water as a 3 by 3 by 3 block, which brings the total to 27. There is always a reactor in the middle, so you can have a maximum of 26 water around your reactor. With every chamber you add to your reactor, you replace 1 water source block. With a 6-chamber reactor that means 20 water (27 -1 for the reactor -6 for the chambers).

With the latest updates, all of this water becomes irrelevant as it does not cool the reactor.