Breaking minecarts with chainsaw bug or feature?

• When breaking a Minecart with a sword it instantly breaks, but when I try to break it with a chainsaw it is very difficult to break. I have to click multiple times while it just bounces to either side before it breaks.

Anyone know if this is intentional or should I report it as a bug?

• i was feature in vanilla 145 for creative only.

dont play creative...

I'm not playing creative... a diamond sword breaks a minecart on a single hit in 1.4.5 as well as 1.4.2. It is the 1.4.2 version of IC2 I have tested the chainsaw in, but I have experienced the problems breaking minecarts with chainsaws since 1.2.5 I think...

• I'm not playing creative... a diamond sword breaks a minecart on a single hit in 1.4.5 as well as 1.4.2. It is the 1.4.2 version of IC2 I have tested the chainsaw in, but I have experienced the problems breaking minecarts with chainsaws since 1.2.5 I think...

Stone and Iron swords break minecarts in 1 hit as well, so I assume it's a generic 'sword' attribute (haven't tried wooden or golden). I don't recall exactly when I first noticed the 1-hit sword breaking, but I think it was sometime between the Halloween Update (Alpha 1.2.0) and Beta 1.2_02, so it's been around for a long while.
    (so to be clear, swords breaking minecarts in 1 hit is a vanilla survival thing, not creative or mod-related)

I'd suspect that Chainsaws not insta-breaking carts is intentional - chainsaws may make for excellent weapons, but in principle they're still axe/shears, not axe/shear/swords - the nanosaber takes the 'sword' duties. As is, chainsaws seem to be about the same as bare hands for breaking a minecart.

If a nanosaber doesn't break a minecart in 1 hit, that'd I'd hope was a bug :p