are there any good hybrid reactors?

• IAm using the newest version of feed the beast ultimate. so i have greg tech i was wondering if there any good hybrid reactor's. i used the big thread and 367k blew up in the simulator any tips?

• As the post in the big thread explicitly points out, the presented hybrid designs don't work and will likely explode in any GregTech version of 2.9x and higher. Which is what the Ultimate pack is running. In fact, that version doesn't just have the "hybrid effect" removed, it's actually a buggy beta version and generates significantly less than intended in pretty much all hybrid situations.

So unfortunately, the answer is no. There are no good hybrid reactors for FTB Ultimate. Stick to pure reactors only.

Spreadsheet with data: https://docs.google.com/spread…VHhEZzUtX0dTZ3E2aVE#gid=9

• so could you place any good reactor designs in this thread that work with newest version of gregtech?
    i'll assume i should experiment but mine keep blowing up :(

• I've only just added the newest version of GregTech to my spreadsheet literally a minute ago. Plutonium changed again completely. I have no idea what works best right now.

Unless with "newest version of GregTech" you mean "the very old version of GregTech in the newest version of the FTB ultimate pack", in which case:

- Use uranium reactors. There's some fairly good designs in that thread.
    - For thorium use this and expect it to suck, thorium is bugged in that version and this is the best you can do, and it's reasonably cheap. 108 EU/t at efficiency 3.
    - For plutonium, use this. Not 100% min/maxed but the best I can come up with in 5 minutes. Should do 340 EU/t at efficiency 5.67.

• It's.... adequate. But you're burning a large amount of uranium at really low efficiency. GregTech reduces the costs of making multicells by some 85%, so it's honestly a waste of uranium not to build at least dual cells. The zero running cost reactors are for people on plain old IC2.

This will have almost the same output at almost twice the efficiency, for only slightly more initial building cost and 12 copper bars per 2h46min cycle.

And if it's maximum output you're hunting, there's this silly thing.

• Read my post again: "GregTech reduces the costs of making multicells by some 85%, so it's honestly a waste of uranium not to build at least dual cells." You pay one bar of copper per plate inestead of 8.

• Hold on, let me check something.

...ah yes. That beta version doesn't have that change fully implemented either. It's in place for thorium, but not for the other two fuel types. Starting 3.0, all fuel types work that way though. Apologies for promising too much there.

Honestly FTB should just have stayed with 2.82, it would make things infinitely easier for everyone involved =/