So... What have I missed?

• 'Ey all. I've been out of the Industrial loop since way back in the 1.4.5 days, when the eNet code was so broken that solar panels could blow up tin cables and create an infinite power loop in an MFE. Tonight I checked the wiki, and at first glance it looked as though the mod was dead; however, after digging around these forums it seems that the old "public release" system is no longer being used, and that we're on a new, Forge-like build system instead (time to update the Downloads page on the wiki, y'think?).

So, what's the scoop on this new build system? I tried to find a post to explain when it started and what it's about, but didn't find much, particularly with my thin 3AM patience (is there a secret blog I don't know about?). Is good ol' IC² still running hot and working with MC 1.6.2? How are the eNet problems? How's the mod team handling the new "TIME TO MICROMANAGE EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF ART YOU EVER MADE" methodology with the unstitched tile images? What's been going on in the Industrial world while I've been messing about with trains and quarries?

• For now there are builds but none of these 1.6.2 compatible are "good" since tbe E-net is kind of borked (disconnecting from your machine when you unload the chunk). Which is not that annoying since most mods aren't updated yet (GT is, but it hasn't one if the awesome thingy he said he would implement in 1.6.2 yet), so unless you really want horses, you'd better play 1.5.2.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I see. So IC² is still going strong, just shaky because of the early adoption for MC1.6. That I can understand, as not much else is working properly with it either; Mojang really threw a stupid curve ball with this one. Still, my friends and I are patient, and enjoying vanilla for now, so we'll just wait until the builds catch up. No hurry, brah, we're on Minecraft time :D

I do with there was an easy way to tell which builds were compatible with which Minecraft version, though, rather than just trial-and-error installing multiple packages or waiting for "somebody who knows" on the forum :B