Need Some Input on DeathStar Reactor Design Please :)

• Hi all, I've been practicing designs for my friends and I's deathstar reactor. We have a very basic one set up atm, but our resource aquistion is starting to sky rocket, so I've been fiddling with some designs. ***I HAVE 0 REACTOR EXPERIENCE*** Which i'm hoping doesn't show too much :) just wanted to put that out there. I have come up a design which I feel is very balanced in terms of RS and Lapis usage, moderately high output, that fits with our 5 chamber design. (1 side is taken for CC Modem)...My issue here, is...I just really don't know enough yet to know if this is a good design...or if there's something better I should use. I tried scouring google for "5 chamber reactor designs" but alas not much really comes up.

If someone could just explain the up and downsides to my design I would very much appreciate it. Thanks for everything! :thumbup: Nukes Rock! :Nuke TNT:

IPJ's DeathStar Reactor(tm) --

5 Chamber Design, 1120 eu/t, 0 Heat, Mark I - SUC-EA (Here's a Pic for Anyone Interested)
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…1kevvgfcw71m6cal9k48jj7lp

Thanks again,

IPJ

• I can't access the reactor planner from my cellphone, but I highly advise you not to use Condensators, because they consume tons of Lapis (unless you regenerate the Lapis with UUM and scraps, which you can't if you have GT) and trying to automate those is a bit tricky.

IMO you'd better go for Coolant Cells + Cooling tower (or cooling area integrated to your reactor) instead.
    You might also find tons of good design on the official Nuclear Thread, easy to find on this forum and which I'm too lazy to link ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• As the previous poster mentioned, Condensators are a huge trap, and here's why:

You are consuming 483 Lapis and 629 Redstone in this contraption. Even assuming you have a method by which you can easily swap out condensators, which is a very non-trivial piece of automation, there's an enormous cost involved here.

Let's say you are going to be using UUM to create the lapis and redstone to keep yourself going. Let's show you what that does to your power requirements:

It eats up 166,666 EU to create one piece of UUM, assuming you have scrap. It takes 4 UUM to produce 9 lapis. That comes out to 216 UUM or 36 Million EU.

Redstone requires 4 lapis per 24 redstone. That's another 108 UUM or 18 million EU. That's a total of 54 million EU spent on consumables per cycle.

Your reactor produces 224 million EU per cycle. It consumes 54 million EU per cycle. That means you are only actually producing 170 million EU per cycle, which is a 24% loss. Which also means your effective EU/t NOT going to your consumables is a mere 850 or so EU/t.

You are losing nearly a quarter of your energy produced just to keep it going.

This is why Condensators are bad, mmmkay?