Lazer rifle digging animation changes required

• Well, thanx to the SpwnX, i have taked my time to learn a little about thaumcraft. SpwnX, thank you, that was enriching expirience)
    But... Seeing excavation rod and comparing it to the mining lazer almost maked me crying. Why? Why, god, what for?! what did we wrong?!!!!!
    Indeed, that... digging ray looks... diffirent from that little shitty thing, throwed out of... l-a-s-e-r.
    This ray looks.... MAGNIFICENT.
    This ray looks.... THOROUGHTLY WORKOUTED.
    Damn, it's even looks more high-tech, even it is magical.
    Could it be something implemented for mining lazer, looking like this ray? The device could be then one of the mostly favorable toy for IC2-players, i bet.
    Indeed, excavation ray is not stright, it curves and dances like a tesla charge, but it is all in the hands of developer.
    For now i see three modes for such a rifle:

Continuous fire, that is short-ranged, low damaging with continuous damage and best for mining.

Impulse mode, that is fires with short bursts of lazer beam (yes, they are instantly rays, from barrel, to the target) what makes impossible to dig,
    but gives a nice damage to the mobs, and it is middle-ranged.

Overcharged mode, that is not explosive, but long-ranged, fires a single long-ray impulse that does a critical damage to the envirenment, in some short radius around the ray trajectory.

Implementing something like this to the IC2 could reanimate the mod, giving those nice "fruit of labor" toys, that i am so much talking about...
    And as always - sorry for my english, hoping for understanding)