Posts by cheakerdoodels

I just hope we get more things like the IC2 Miner v the BC Quarry. While both in the end do a similar task they do it in very different ways and I feel that having both is very useful.

I do still worry that it is to similar to the way IC2 works. It also recently added tubes that act almost exactly like buildcraft pipes.

I'm not sure how I feel about the bluetricity system Red Power is adding we will have to see where it goes and how it differs from IC2.
    But I did want to post something Eloraam said on the official forums in case it was missed here as she does seem to be doing this with IC2 in mind and plans to add converters between the two systems.

The Following is a quote from Eloraam from the Minecraft forums.

"The thing is, it's easy to complain about a power system when all I've added to Blutricity so far is a furnace. After all, why would you want to use my furnace and not the one in IC?

But I have a list of ideas for RedPower Tech 2 and 3 that have no contemporaries in either IC nor BC. One of the first ones that's going in is the Sorting Machine, which is the fully upgraded third form of the Transposer. I don't want to give out too many details of how it works yet, but it's unlike anything in either mod, and it requires both a power transfer and item transport system.

To make these advanced technologies work, I needed a power system. RedPower has always been about wires, so I didn't - and don't - see any problem with implementing an energy transfer system.

There are also cases where multiple mods can be used together to provide similar functionality to what I want to provide, but due to the differences between mods (say, IC and BC), the result feels a little inelegant. For example, I'm planning a Crafting Machine.

I plan to make Blulectric Engines to power Buildcraft from BT, and RP/IC transformers to convert to and from IC power units, as separate compatibility submods. It may be a while before I do so, because there are more important things on my priority list, but the intention isn't to replace IC or BC. "