Posts by Epic Lulz

every response I have recived about this idea has "from nothing, for nothing, free, free and more free shit." in it. people the scrap machine takes power and material to make scrap, most clever people on servers make cobble gen farms, heck gregtech has cobble stone generators in it. Every peice in a stack, In a scrap machine takes an operation = lag, then you have a % chance to get a peice of scrap, then a % chance to get somthing from a srapbox. so I am sure that your perfect scrap machines make "free" shit !!!! anyways. don't even get me started on IC2's mass fab(power*time = matter = anything).

Exactly why they are banned on quite a few servers. Doesn't matter if traditional, gregtech or TE, a 16x16x16 cube of some sort of cobblegen is still going to be laggy.

though I would think gregtech would make cobble generators that take less cpu.

If you understood the last paragragh in post #3, I would NOT be arguing still, there are power requirements to be talked about, the idea of adding "flux" to get more of the elements wanted, do you even know what flux is good for other than solding? (real life) I bet you do not. but if you had an once of imagination working you could guess it from what I have said already.

My ideas are not making free anything,

Okay. You are clearly still not getting the point. You still are making "free anything". Neither is ad hominem is not going to help you here.

Power requirements are easily solved with a massive greengen field (windmills, watermills, solars, whatever the hell people can think of nowadays), again, bad for the servers, or a MOX CRCS reactor, which is probably considered less viable because it is nonrenewable.
    Flux. Glass is renewable using cobble -> sand route. As for salt, there isn't any salt in MC or IC2 yet, so I have no clue what results that will bring.

Then just disable cobble generation, if obsidian is made in a generator then redstone or lava is used to make it and that is fair. the argument I make is, how much cobble would you need to feed though a scrap machine to have a chance of getting anything thing valuable? Would it matter how easy it is to mine out an area, it would take real life days to mine enough but, with the "plasma arc furnace" the longer the game goes it would start paying off. because you would get a small % of valuable metarials back from mining. similar to IC2's scrap machines but with a known amount of value. plus you can use flux to help get more of what you want. how would it matter if cobble stone generation is working? at least you wouldn't have half a dozen scrap machines running = lag.

ok fine I will simplify.... uses similar system to scrap machines, can not give give complex items(tools, diamonds,plant stuff, etc.), machine consumes stacks of items not single item per operation, stack of materials = % of materials out(i.e. stone*64 = 0.01% iron, 0.001% copper, 0.000001% irdium), materials = stone, dirt, ores. , if machine loses power and % does not = 100% then % = 0.

that is the best way if can think of describing it.

Doesn't matter. If there's free resources or energy, people would do anything to exploit it. For example, just see the massive solar farms people did before CompactSolars.

We are also looking at server performance here. All you need is one greedy person before 10k "plasma arc furnaces" will lag the server to death.

So I recently decided to download IC2 because it sounded like a fun idea, and upon testing a few things, i noticed I couldn't make either the Forge Hammer or Iron Furnaces. I'm using the recommended 1.7.2 Forge download, as well as 1.7.2 (Build #419) IC2. Specifically, I'd place all the necessary items in the correct setup, but nothing appeared in the product box (or whatever it's proper name is).

I also tried using NEI 1.7.2 to find the proper recipes (tried legacy and experimental recipes beforehand), but it didn't display a recipe... I guess I could always just "trade" items using NotEnoughItems, but is there a reason why it's not working? Do I just suck at drag and dropping, or is this a widespread problem?

On a slightly related note, should I just attempt to use a later/earlier build?

You shouldn't really report bugs or ask for support if you are using a very early build...

I was quite a fan of the old IC, dropped out of it when all the update madness got to be tiring, and came back pleasantly surprised to find that IC2 was now in play. But when I grabbed the recommended Forge and the latest experimental build #478, I could not get it to work for the life of me.

I'm using MagicLauncher 1.2.5 and Minecraft 1.7.2, straight vanilla and no funny business, and I also use the TeamExtreme launcher as my laptop isn't Internet-connected all the time. No matter what I try, I cannot get MC to recognize Forge, as the notation in the bottom-left corner that it's installed and has X many mods won't show up and none of the IC2 recipes will work.

Can someone give me a step-by-step hand here? I'm no idiot around computers but it just. won't. work.

There is no jar-extracting nonsense now. Use the vanilla launcher (the new one, post-1.6) and install Forge with the provided installer download file from files.minecraftforge.net

A slight suggestion to improve the current GT E-Net.

Internally, numbers will be scaled up 100x (in centi-EU, or cEU) so that calculations may be more precise. Cable loss can now be more varied instead of x per ampere every block, which is a little overkill. Displays will now round up the EU contained.

Also, transformers can be made more modular and simplified. First, craft a transformer base by crafting a Machine Hull and a Battery. There will be 3 slots in the GUI.
    To conduct electricity via induction, there must be some form of conventional magnetic material in the middle slot. This can be an Iron, Steel, Nickel, Cobalt, Stainless Steel or Invar Rod. Craft a coiling base, which is an Iron Rod, Aluminium Rod, (Stainless) Steel Rod or a Bronze Rod. Afterwards, craft a cable around the coiling base (not consumed) to form a coil of that cable and place it in the left and right (the input and output slots respectively), to determine the strength of the input voltage and the output voltage, and the ampere handling capacity. Use screwdrivers to rotate faces between non-interacting (default), input, and output modes. The rod used in the middle slot determines what is the loss of the transformer. This is 60 cEU, 55 cEU, 45 cEU, 40 cEU, 35 cEU, 25 cEU per ampere respectively.

Finally, the EU storage system can be simplified to the current battery-box system. There will be 5 sizes of the battery box, Basic, Reduced, Standard, Reinforced and Advanced. They can hold up to 1, 2, 4, 8 and 16 energy storages respectively. Like the transformers, use screwdrivers on faces to rotate between non-interacting (default), input, and output modes. This is added to a default 10k EU internal storage. This is accompanied by a output coil slot, which determines the output EU in terms of Voltage and Amperage, and a mode slot (only available from Standard sizes onwards) which can hold integrated circuits, determining how is EU sent and stored. This process is only activated when there is a conflict of EU request - i.e. EU is requested by the network, while there is empty space in the storage unit. IC = 0 means 100% to output, 0% to storgae; IC = 1 means 87.5% to output, 12.5% to storage; so on until IC = 8 means 0% to output and 100% to storage.

1350 eu/t with a really easy setup is possible but u need to swap the uran cells.

I finished my Solar Pyramide and its really awesome. i will show u some pics later

Obviously you do. Fuel is limited and that is intended. Uranium cells can be swapped with simple automation - even a vanilla hopper can simply do it.

And you can keep your pics, solars are uninteresting sources of power so unless you have a really revolutionary design, it's really "seen them once, seen them all".

show me one full cycle reaktor with 3200 eu/t where i dont need to change items like Heat vents or Cooling Cells

That's the price you pay for high reactor output. You can find a reactor that outputs 640 EU/t normally, then swap it with MOX to get about 3200.

Reactors are not just about run one cycle and over and over.

Thats exactly the Point.
    In Case you dont have the Sourceblock generation on, it gives you a source of Invinite Water.
    To balance this, the Source is hard to find and only gives you a bit of Water.

Wait what, this doesn't make sense. Infinite water and a bit of water? Which one are you talking about? In the case of Infnite Water, PEOPLE DON'T WANT THAT. That's the point of the challenge, otherwise people would just go round caving for this little things and get infinite juice from it.

And for Nether lava, why Should i play with GT and use the cheapest and most easy kind of Power generation?

Exactly what you are suggesting.

The Idea is to add 2 kind of Blocks, that are like Bedrock, but with the ability to spawn Lava or Water up to 3 Layers above them, like a Buildcraft Floodgate, but reversed.
    They Spawn directly under Pools of Lava or Water. The ammount of Blocks that spawn, should be dependet on the Size of the Puddle. The Water one Should emmit Steam too, that can damage Entities.

To Balance these you could use the same Generation behavior like you did for your Ores, but with the difference that they can only Spawn really deep down, propably between layer 3 and 10, but possible in every chunk.
    Its also diffult to find them, because you have to Pump some Liquid out of the Puddel, to see if it regenerates.
    When you are lucky enough, you could finde a few of them really close to each other and Power one Thermal Boiler with them.

What is the point of this when you have Nether for the Lava and Oceans for Water (in the case of water source block creation on)?